Can anyone help with software for gimbal?

Macdoogal

Hey all,

I just bought and installed one of those Neewer tech Gimbals on my P1. It looks just like the hobby power gimbal. The only difference that I can see is the pins on the control board. As I've seen on the web, most of these come with a board that has 2 sets of 3 pins for connecting to the flight controller. The standard is to connect the upper LH pin to the signal on the F1 plug of the NAZA V2. Mine has 4 sets of 3 pins. I connected the upper LH pin to the flight controller and everything works. The stabilization is good, but the tilt is goofy. Can anyone recommend a software assistant that will allow me to change the settings on the gimbal controller? Here is an image of the board...

View attachment 18106
View attachment 18107
View attachment 18108
Thanks, Macdoogal

Attachments

• 43efd_gimbal_511MlE9A91L.jpg
    43efd_gimbal_511MlE9A91L.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 348
  • 40067816_2.jpg
    40067816_2.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 335
  • 40067816_3.jpg
    40067816_3.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 250
Last edited by a moderator:

SoCal Blur

It looks just like one of the BaseCam (Alexmos) controllers. Do you know what version firmware is loaded onto the board? You can go to the BaseCam website and download the software to change the settings (assuming it is the same controller) but you need to know which version of firmware you are using: http://www.basecamelectronics.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Macdoogal

It looks just like one of the BaseCam (Alexmos) controllers. Do you know what version firmware is loaded onto the board? You can go to the BaseCam website and download the software to change the settings (assuming it is the same controller) but you need to know which version of firmware you are using: http://www.basecamelectronics.com/

Thanks for the info. In my searching I did find several boards that have what appear to be the same configuration on different ICs. I'm not sure what firmware I have, I'm not too savvy with all the electronics stuff. How would I find that out?

thanks again,
MacDoogal
DV

Macdoogal

thanks for you help. I believe that the basecam stuff will work as the board looks the same as the cad drawings that are in the users manual for the GUI. From the images it looks like an 8bit board. I'm going to download the software and give it a shot.

MacDoogal
DV

Macdoogal

Update: The basecam stuff does not work as this has a completely different firmware (0.053) than any of the Alexmos stuff. I'll just have to use it as is untill I can get a real basecam board. Cursed counterfeit stuff. Lesson learned I suppose.

MacDoogal
DV