Buying a new drone, need advice :)

sebatasa

Hello everyone,

this is my first time posting on a forum related to quads, so please bare that in mind :)

I currently own a Syma X5C, which i picked up for 60$ as i wanted to try drone flying for a while and i enjoyed it immensly, so now i want to buy something more "serious" in the price range of 150-250$.

What are good drones for "advanced begginers" ?

I would prefer one that comes with a controller, since i heared smartphone controls are not as good? also i would like one that is capable of first person view.

I would be really grateful for any input :)

Hoki

Ohhhh. U should get one of those 250 size kits.
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32592156387.html
This one includes a transmitter
http://m.banggood.com/Eachine-Racer...nch-32CH-Monitor-HD-Camera-RTF-p-1008942.html

I would get the first one and buy my own transmitter though and u can make a cheap fpv monitor set up if u have a tablet or a phone u can get a easycap device that will plug into it and u can also get a 5.8 receiver total cost should be around 35 dollars so there is a eachine head display coming next month for 65 dollars that has a built in receiver too

jinly

Hello everyone,

this is my first time posting on a forum related to quads, so please bare that in mind :)

I currently own a Syma X5C, which i picked up for 60$ as i wanted to try drone flying for a while and i enjoyed it immensly, so now i want to buy something more "serious" in the price range of 150-250$.

What are good drones for "advanced begginers" ?

I would prefer one that comes with a controller, since i heared smartphone controls are not as good? also i would like one that is capable of first person view.

I would be really grateful for any input :)

What kind of flying do you want. , This is a great Aerial Photo UAV, you'll need a lipo charger and a 3S Lipo.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...opter_w_out_Battery_Mode_1_Ready_to_Fly_.html

It is comparable to the DJI Phantom.

If you like FPV..then yes the racer (Eachine) mentioned by hoki would do.

The quantum uses GPS to make hovering more stable, the Eachine usually have just a self level gyro and barometer in their FC, much like the 4 axis flying you were doing with the SYMA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoki

But freaking hobbyking. F@€÷ that place and there shipping charges. Maybe i can find it elsewhere

jinly

holy crap I can't do mode one! can't you change it by switching some stuff inside it?
Yes, the FC is actually the APM board , so you'll be using Mission Planner. It' s done there. The Cheerson CX20 and the Quantum Nova are the same machines here is a link, there are tons of these Youtibe videos on how, this is just one.

Hoki

Ohohoh and guess what! Syma is sending me a free x8w cause i told them what happened. Cause i had one and it flew away and i cant find it.

Hoki

Ohohoh and guess what again! When i get home im gonna fpv fly my 180 size flyer over my roofs to make sure my drone isnt stuck up there. Img it flys so good but it inly gets 20 min from a 2200 battery! It is rather heavy...

JPG23

Ohohoh and guess what! Syma is sending me a free x8w cause i told them what happened. Cause i had one and it flew away and i cant find it.
Wow, when did it fly away? I remember you said you would use it for new year's eve. I flew my X8C with an ASX ActionPro for new year's and I got some awesome fireworks footage, but I messed up when setting up the camera on 3 min loops [doh!] so I can't really make a video of it like I wanted to. I guess I have to wait til the 4th now for another go at it lol

Chalagi

Hoki if you try and order stuff from Hobby King (East) you will have a very small shipping charge like maybe $6 or $7 bucks