Bugs 2 Bad experience.

Chris Watson

I bought Bugs2 from MIX. I flew it about 6 times, then a problem appeared, on the 27th December 2017, I was flying the drone about 300 meters away from me and at about 150 meters above me. I wanted to start the video so pressed the video button for a long press to get the video started. The drone immediately became none responsive. It was caught in some light wind and started to fly away from me I tried everything, the home button the land button, forwards, backwards, side to side nothing wanted to work. The drone then just started to drop to the ground. It landed in a small bush that had been burnt in a fire the previous year. I must tell you I live on a farm so have plenty of space, but it is rugged. The propellers did not stop running. When I got to the drone I had to pull the battery out to stop it. The red lock button would not work.

I took it back to my garden, one of the propellers was damaged so changed it. I reset it and tried to fly again. I pushed take off button and the drone took off and then it just flew straight up about 150 meters the controller had no response to the drone. The drone then just fell to the ground it hit the ground quite hard and the propeller where still running. I had to stop one of them and the other three started to spin very fast I had to hold the drone on the ground and the one propeller with one hand while I pulled out the battery with the other. I then took the machine back to the supplier. He said that the controller was faulty and replaced it. I got it back and on the first flight it did the same thing again, it took off and just shot to a height of about 200 meters and was swept away in the wind and then it just dropped out the sky. luckily into some bushes so no damage to the drone. It took me about 1.5 hours to find it. I then recalibrated everything and held it in my hand to see if it would respond to the controller, it did, so flew it for a few minutes and then recharged the batter. I took it out for a flight in the evening light and it responded for about 5 minutes and then it did the same thing again. Just shot into the air and then fell out the sky this time the propellers stopped. I put it on the ground and recalibrated the gyroscope the green lights flashed quickly and then went solid. The drone worked fine after that for about 8 mins before I landed it to recharge the battery. As I said I had previously done this but had to do it again. I then again tried to fly a couple of days ago, as there was no wind, I recalibrated the gyroscope again. Took off and flew for about 5 minutes with no problem it was responding to all movements. I landed it and then took off again and then it just started to climb high into the sky. It would not respond again. I could hardly see it was so high, then it just fell to the ground again. It almost hit my house but was lucky, it missed it and landed with the propellers still running. I had to again stop one propeller and again the other three started to run very fast and it try to take off. I again held it and the one propeller with one hand while I used the other hand to take out the battery. I do not want to fly it again. If there is wind it will move with the wind and can then fall onto anything and could break. At the moment it is still in good condition as it has not crashed into anything except the first time it lost control and crashed into the small bush, there is one mark on it from the side to side movement when it was in the small bush. All other times it has fallen to ground and landed quite hard but on the rubbers on the legs.

The supplier keeps on talking about him not knowing if it had been crashed previously and he will not help any more. I assure you it had not even had a hard landing until the first time is became none responsive. I love technology and the take off and landing buttons are great and have been used each time until the problem arose.

I contacted MJX initially they seemed interested in my problem, But after five months they have said I quote

“After talking with our manager, we think we don't have this responsibility to replace the drone.

As a manufacture, we provide support as much as we can, and pass some warranty and gurantee when cooperate with them.

We are not passing the buck and we are always willing to help with the problem.

I'm really sorry for your time and experience on the drone.

Hope you can understand our situation and sorry again.

Best regards

Sun

Skype/WhatsApp: +86 17688999824”

As you can imagine I want people to know how I was treated.