Bright props vs. black props

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Was flying this pat weekend and went through a lot of props! I was running HQprops with black ones in the front and orange ones in the back. After I'd crash I tried to pick up as many of the broken pieces as possible as the plastic is sharp like glass and I didn't want animals or people to get cut, especially as we were flying over a sports field.

I found a lot more orange pieces than black pieces so I'm just getting ready to place an order and I'm going to order just orange props from now on.

Anyone else ever think about this?

Bartman

It's worth mentioning also that when you land nowhere near where you took off from, having orange or other brightly colored props will make it easier to find your heli.

JoeBob

Elevation via Flatulation
"orange ones in the back"
"found a lot more orange pieces than black pieces"

Were you crashing backwards or flipping a lot?
:p

Bartman

we were at a school and I ran into the goalposts twice! i also did an unexplained tumble into the turf. the AeroXcraft Hornet 250 is one tough bird, my homebuilt XY4 quad, not as much!

frogman1206

I could see how the orange would be easier to find on a downed quad. I like colored props just cause I like fun colors and hate black. I do fly black in the back and right now have orange in the front. I have some green ones coming for the front to go with my new Foxeer camera in green. I always go green when I can....after all my screen name is frogman.