Bosses of Ap Companies - How much do you pay your pilots?

Hey Guys,

As above really, How do you divide the price of a job you do between your cam op and pilot?

How do you justify the split?

Do you pay someone for maintenance time etc?

Im interested to see the dynamics of your companies, i.e who is the boss and are they directly involved in a shoot etc.

Thanks in advance.

MPC

Hey Guys,

As above really, How do you divide the price of a job you do between your cam op and pilot?

How do you justify the split?

Do you pay someone for maintenance time etc?

Im interested to see the dynamics of your companies, i.e who is the boss and are they directly involved in a shoot etc.

Thanks in advance.

MPC

Pay? They are having so much fun they volunteer.

kloner

Aerial DP
we have taken on partners for every major involved task into the company & it is an even split, but everybody brings a particular skillset to the table. We have the pilot take care of the airframe and power, camera guy stays on the camera tasks from settings to operation along with build/maintnance of the gimbal. but our salesman, he's probably the most important part i see alot of aerial companies lack and after watching him go for a while now, can see his true value. Were shooting places the first few months i was hoping to reach before retirement. We all spend way too much time and have way too much passion for it to fail but man, talk about a time eater. Driving through Hollywood sucks but that's where it's at for us. it's all evenly of value and were all owners, all involved every shoot

_DSC1474_595.jpg

Before buying a rig and assembling these guys was offered $500-$1000 a day to fly a rig but it also involved maintnance. Same guys were either picking up the camera men for $300-$500 or was the owner

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
haha, send me your addy, i'll make ya one

kloner pilot, tregtronics it/edit/sales, jcmonty camera, Tony Sales. were one ugly well rounded crew......

tstrike

pendejo grande
Ha! You guys got my addy on file. It's so cool to see you young company's starting up and thriving some from connections made right here on this forum!

Hi Kloner Thanks for the info. Do you mind me asking if it was one of you that founded/owns the company or did you collectively go in to business together?

MPC