Book review "Aerial photography and videography using drones"

Aerial photography and videography using drones by Eric Cheng

The wife bought me this book for Christmas. The price on the cover is way more than I would pay but we have a amazon prime account and it was on sale to boot. The author has been in the industry since 2012, he is a underwater photographer and now does aerial photography as well. He was on the staff of DJI as a photographer so most of his knowledge comes from using their platforms. It is for beginners and intermediate level UAV pilot/photographers. The book was well written and the author has a ton of experience using DJI drones for photography. He starts with a history of the drone industry and goes over the basics of UAV's and their peripheral equipment with chapters that focus heavily on photography and videography. There is a chapter on flying exercises and maneuvers that every pilot should know. He has a ton of great pics that list the equipment used and camera exposure settings. I wizzed through the book quickly and there wasn't a lot that I didn't already know. That being said it reinforced that I am still just rookie and need to get out more and practice. I also realized that this industry is still in its infant stages and there is so much more to come and anyone that is willing can become part of this emerging technology. The author has used drones all over the world and taken some phenomenal shots but he hasn't done anything that anyone of us couldn't have done ourselves, he just had the contacts and backing to do it. It makes me want to double down and keep going in this hobby/industry despite all of the negative press and restrictive regulations that may come. It was a good book but not a great book, I'm glad I read it and would recommend it. 3 and a half out of 5 stars.

Av8Chuck

It certainly worth reading if your just starting out, but if you've been doing aerial for any amount of time it's. It particularly useful.

So from the perspective of wanting to learn something new, I was disappointed but I enjoyed the book.