BlackMagic Micro Cinema Camera

adanac

BlackMagic has shown pictures of the camera under 2-3 birds, including the Phantom. Has anyone heard or seen anything concrete about gimbals or the like, or is this just photoshop fun?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com

Attachments

• blackmagic-micro-cinema-camera-bmcc-drone-aerial-action-1.png
    blackmagic-micro-cinema-camera-bmcc-drone-aerial-action-1.png
    414.4 KB · Views: 1,081
  • Blackmagic-Micro-Cinema-Camera1.jpg
    Blackmagic-Micro-Cinema-Camera1.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 384

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i actually spoke with one of the guys from BlackMagic today at a conference I attended, he explained that they wanted to build a small camera for aerials and used input from multi-rotor enthusiasts that are employees of BlackMagic Design. It was their input that got the composite video output, s-bus, and PWM inputs as well as a few other features added to the camera. Their philosophy is they'll build it and leave it to end users to hack, adapt, integrate, etc. that's also why they used a standard 15 pin format for the connector.

very interesting group of people and just discussing it all with them made me want to pony up the cash to buy one.

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
i actually spoke with one of the guys from BlackMagic today at a conference I attended

Weird, I did too at the Texas Production Roundup today :)

It's impressive. I'd say there's about a 95% chance we'll get one. As for the Phantom, I'm sure it'll carry it... briefly....

Super 16 sensor, rolling shutter at 60fps and global shutter at 30fps. 11oz body. If it would do still pics I'd already have a personal one on order.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
So why isn't there any sample footage online of this camera yet? that is confusing me.

July 3oth is when the expected shipping date is. i'm sure you will see tons of footage then.
From the specs, if you like the BMPCC then this will be pretty much the same except global shutter for 30p and rolling for 60p.