Binding transmitter to Phantom 2 Vision?

ewolff

Hi all,

I am trying to replace the standard transmitter on my DJI Phantom 2 Vision quadrotor with either a Futaba t6EX or a Spektrum DX6i transmitter. The end goal is to control the quadrotor from a computer using software that can interface with either of these transmitters. So far, I have not had any luck in getting either of these transmitters to bind to the Phantom 2 Vision receiver. From videos that I've seen online, it appears that all that is necessary is for the transmitter to be on when the receiver reset switch is toggled. It seems like I'm missing something, though. Any help or links would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

ewolff

Thanks for the info. Do you recommend an inexpensive 5.8gHz transmitter that would work with the Vision? I'm new to RC devices. Also, would the Phantom or Phantom 2 be compatible with either of these Txs?

Thanks again,
Eric

flitelab

Thanks for the info. Do you recommend an inexpensive 5.8gHz transmitter that would work with the Vision? I'm new to RC devices. Also, would the Phantom or Phantom 2 be compatible with either of these Txs?

Thanks again,
Eric

The Phantom 1.1.1 and up is compatible with Futaba FASST radios like the 8FG and 14SG as is the Phantom 2.
There are no other 5.8 radios on the market that will work with the Vision.