Hi friends:

Im goint to build a hexacopter and I want know which motor is better:

1) 700kv
2) 690kv
3) suggetion???

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Welcome!

It it really depends on the big picture. You need to provide more details of your build (frame, ESCs etc) for people to give you a good suggestion. It also depends on what you plan to do with it - aerial photo/video will surely require more lift-payload capability, which would help determine your needs for the motor.

Also, don't be afraid to head over to eCalc and plug in some numbers. It definitely helps show you the ballpark performance of what different options provide.

Scott

Although this is not my thread I would like to mention that I too have that same question.... I already purchased a Spektrum DX7s, Naza M V2, and my frame is the Tarot 680 Hexa...
I have been flying multiotors for one year I currently own 3- 450quad frames 2-with KK2 board and 1-with Multwii Pro w/GPS... im flying all of them with 220watt motors and 20amp ESC's...

With my new Hexa I want more power.. Any Ideas?????

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
It's really a matter of getting some calculations going in eCalc. You need to plug in your specific components, and start swapping around to see what works best for you. That should help get you going in the right direction.

When you say you want more "power," you mean lifting/payload capability?

It's also good to check out other people's successful builds that are similar to your gear and goals.

jbrumberg

It is never a bad idea to copy a frame/design with already matched components built by an experienced builder that meets one's interests as to looks and goals and actually works. It takes some of the "guessing" out of the build, but there is still a lot of fine tuning that one still has to do in the build setup.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast

Attachments

• Tarot heavy lift.jpg
    Tarot heavy lift.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 616

@motopreserve wow, Thank you, I never seen this e calc work sheet.. I just ran some numbers and will continue to throw some numbers at it.....Thank You ! and Yes Im looking for More Payload..

@jbrumberg I think I have looked at every youtube video on the Tarot 680 .... LOL

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
It definitely helps you get in the ballpark.

Keep plugging numbers and swapping components - it will help get you close.