Best Landing Gear and camera gimbal options for DJI F550

N720HP

Well....about several months of flying around and only breaking 2 props and the GPS shaft, I have decided that it's time to put my GoPro Hero2 under this this and snap some photos.
I am curious about your experiences with the landing gear and camera rig combo. What works, what doesn't and what advice o you have.
Thanks in advance for your help!
- joe

I have the X468 with normal servos... Purchased from rc-drones.com. It was around $240 if I remember correctly. I like it because it doesn't make the copter stand too tall.

However, brushless gimbals are coming up everywhere and I know I will soon be switching over to that. Brushless gimbals are faster, smoother, and more precise.

That being said, the X468 just came out with a brushless gimbal version that you can also get from rc-drones, though more expensive once you add the gimbals and controller.

If money isn't any issue, your best bet may be to get the DJI new Zenmuse brushless gimbal for the GoPro. It should be available in the next month or so, and prices haven't been announced. But from the rumors I've read, it will probably be in the $1200 to $1500, though that seems awfully high to me and maybe the actual cost may be less.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I have an X468 and it is going in the bin, just not that good.

Just go to Hobby-Wing.com and get an Arris CM-2000 brushless gimbals best value out there.

Pete

olof

Osprey
Here is my simple leg solution and my Yun-1 gimbal. This works very well and is light.

I use 3/8" carbon rods for the legs and rods to hold Lipo and Yun-1 gimbal. Not as good as a Zenmuse but only $400.00 for the gimbal.
View attachment 11981View attachment 11982View attachment 11983

Here is my first test flight with this rig:

It was a bit windy and my garden is a bit tight to fly in but for a $400 gimbal this is not bad.

Attachments

• 550YunLegs1.jpg
    550YunLegs1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 438
  • 550YunLegs2.jpg
    550YunLegs2.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 386
  • 550YunLegs3.jpg
    550YunLegs3.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 384
Last edited by a moderator: