Best Entry Level 4k as of Nov-2015

Which entry level 4k do you like best?

• Total voters

5artist5

Things are changing fast in the world of multirotors. But right now there are three 4k setups ready to go in the $1000-$1500 range. They are each a little different in terms of specs and optional equipment, but the performance should be pretty similar I think. Obviously the DJI has the notoriety behind it. There are tons of phantoms in the air. But Blade is a huge name in multirotors as well. It is my understanding that Yuneec makes the Blade multirotors so I'm sure there is a big similarity in those two. One big difference in the pack is the handheld gimbal with the Typhoon 4K.
So with all that which one do you like right now in November of 2015?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
P3 Pro - no contest. The quality of the footage, the software and integrated cam controls... Can't beat it. 4 years ago this quality would've cost you $5000+

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
can i ask a simple question? why 4K? is that a capability that you really need?

5artist5

I can say for sure that the 4k footage I shot on an Inspire 4k camera vs the 1080 footage I shot on my gopro were a world of difference.
I think it's pretty safe to say that 4k will be standard in the next year or two as 6 or 8k become the '4k' of today.
So with that in mind if I were going to buy a new machine it would shoot 4k for sure.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
do you have a computer and monitor that would allow you to process 4K footage?

5artist5

Well I do have access to both. But that's not the point. When I decided I wanted to get a DVD player back in the late 80s a lot of people made comments like. "What do you want a DVD player for. You don't have any dvds." The reality is that 4k monitors are more and more usual. And 5k monitors are right behind.

Ti@goo

I think for now 4k is very important to crop into 1080. That is very important in aerial footage.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Here's a thought, you eyes are incapable at resolving any more detail than a 65inch (diagonal) TV putting out 1080 if you are sat 9ft away (the average distance that most folks sit from their TVs). Check out this link. 4k is of course great for cropping etc but the 4k myth is just that in some respects, as for 5k and 8k?!?!?!?!?!?

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I like 4K for it's latitude in post. Just being able to crop a bit and not worry about resolution is great.

To look at it's terrible! I hate the look of these 4K TVs. Sharp and unreal. :eek:

In other news...the DJI P3 would be my best out of those choices. Why not another Inspire? Budget?