BEC's & ESC's Need questions answered...

dtrobinson1954

I have a Flame Wheel 450 and bought the APM Controller 2.6. lots of nice features. I bought the package deal. Nice buy, just need to get it up in the air.
Anyway, I have the Opto 30A ESC's that came with the 450 and I need to hook the BEC to the ESC, but not quite sure how to go about it. I bought the Castle 10 BEC by suggestion.
I'm told to just solder it to one of the ESC locations and that's it. I guess it wires in parallel with the hookups on one of the ESC's on the Distribution board.
So, I take it I just need one for all 4 ESC's that's my other question.

I have gone to this site. http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-apm25-and-26-overview/
And have read it, but seem to still not answer my question or I might just be missing something.

The APM does come with a Power Module, but that is to get power to the APM not the ESC's.

3DR provides an
APM power module that supplies 2.25A at 5.37V. The module is designed to convert power from the main flight battery (18 volt maximum). That module will supply sufficient power for your APM, and low power radios including your RC receiver (without servos). Your RC receiver can be powered from any APM Input (+5V and ground). This is normally done by connecting a 2 or 3 wire cable between an APM Input and one of the output channels on the RC radio.

Need help PLEASE...I wanna have fun too.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
BEC power should just be plugged into the Rx, ESC's get their power from the battery.

Pete

dtrobinson1954

So, just trying to make sure. I saw something on this site http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/com...d-26-overview/ that mentioned this.

Power Module and No Servos
  • If you have a power module and you are not using servos.
  • Ensure JP1 is not installed.
  • Provide the necessary power via the power module connected to the APM’s power module connector.
  • When connecting your ESCs to the OUTPUT connector clip the BEC power leads on each ESC’s 3 wire connector.
  • Or connect only the ESC’s signal wires to the OUTPUT connector.

I do have a Power Module and no servos. So do I still do what's in RED.
Or, with the statement you made I am plugging the BEC into the RX thro. connector? This seems simpler then what APM is proposing.

Thanks for the info. Hard to find info on this site. still trying though.
D in Round Rock, Texas.
No, I missed the F1 going on right now.