battery weight vs capacity / discharge

schwett

hi all

i've been away from the hobby for a while, but getting back into it. had a few successful flights with my s800 the last few days carrying a nikon d810 or fuji x-e2. my interest is pretty much exclusively in still photography.

i really prefer flying a balanced copter, with the CG right in the middle. i made a simple custom mount for the cameras that put their weight pretty much dead center, and i've been flying with two batteries, both century 6S1P.

my question is simple - the relationship of battery weight to capacity doesn't seem completely linear. for example, a maxamps 11,000 MAH 40C 6S battery claims 1,235g, which is .11g/mah. my 6S1P are .16g/mah. why would two lipo 6s 40c battery have such a large difference? even the higher discharge maxamps 10,900 120C pack is down at .13g/mah.

what i'd really like is two slightly lighter batteries, but it seems that the lighter options in the 4000 mah range are not as much more "efficient." am i missing something? i don't typically fly near charging sources, nor do i need long flights, so my preference is to pick up four smaller batteries and fly with two at a time to keep the weight down a bit.

finally - i have the two batteries connected with a simple Y cable. does this essentially give me the discharge rate of an 80C battery? they stay relatively balanced, but not exactly, based on the charge reading on my charger.

thanks in advance for any advice!