AXI motor throttle calibration

homer911

SETUP - WKM, AXI 2814/22 motors, futaba 8fg, hobbywing 40A ESC,

I have just hooked up all eight motors to my Hobbywing Pentiun 40A ESC's. Only 5 are rotating. One is stuttering, not sure if its a dud or not. It looks like only one or two motors have full range of throttle movement. 3 motors will only start to rotate at about 80% throttle.

I have programmed all the ESC's correctly and I have calibrated my Futaba 8fg tx. All the sliders on the WKM assistant look good and respond to the tx movements.

Do the motors need to be calibrated????? Do they need to know the full throttle range?

Totally stuck :dejection:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hommer911,

hook up all you ESCs to the throttle channel of you Receiver, one by one ! Props Off ! Turn on you transmitter with throttle to full. The ESC/Motor that you have connected to the throttle channel should give you a double peep acknowledging that this at max throttle. Bring down the throttle and you should again hear a signal. Now the ESC know the throttle range of your Transmitter. This you have to do with all your ESCs. If some of the ESCs dont respond to this procedure or you cant start the motors at all with the Transmitter - Receiver - Throttle Channel - ESC - Motor setup than something might be wrong with the ESCs.

Boris

homer911

hommer911,

hook up all you ESCs to the throttle channel of you Receiver, one by one ! Props Off ! Turn on you transmitter with throttle to full. The ESC/Motor that you have connected to the throttle channel should give you a double peep acknowledging that this at max throttle. Bring down the throttle and you should again hear a signal. Now the ESC know the throttle range of your Transmitter. This you have to do with all your ESCs. If some of the ESCs dont respond to this procedure or you cant start the motors at all with the Transmitter - Receiver - Throttle Channel - ESC - Motor setup than something might be wrong with the ESCs.

Boris

Thanks a lot Boris, I am using the Futaba R6208 SB receiver. I will be using it as a S BUS, so does that mean that I will connect the ESC to the S BUS port or to the Digital servo only ports 1-8

Thanks?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Homer connect the ESCs to one of the standrad 1-8 ports for calibration. I am not sure which one it the throttle channel probably 3 or 1. Just try it out nothing can go wrong as long as you have you props off. Dont let the motors spin at full throttle though without the props on to long though they dont like that. !

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Disconnect just for saftery reasons all the other ESCS from the WKM/MC only concentrate on one ESC at a time to get it calibrated with the receiver !

Boris