AXI 2814-22 motors and prop and battery combinations

Michael64

Flying a Vulcan 900mm Hexa for about 4 months now and changed from Tiger Motors to the AXI 2814-22. No alot of info on the motors as far as props and batteries go. Currnently running 2 4S 5000 packs with APC 13x6.5 thin electric props. I have also ran 12x6 APC Thin Electric as well. Amp draw on the 13x6.5 with the flying weight of 12.5 lbs is 56 amps. Looking to see what others are flying with these motors and what prop and battery you are having good luck with. Thanks in advance.

Michael64

nisouck

Hi,
Flying with a Hexa Droiworx HLE Heavy lift and AXI 2814-22. I have tried some propellers but, for me, the best choice is Xoar 13x6.5.
For batteries, that' two 2S with 8000 mAh monted serially, so that give me a little more 10 min fly.

I find that AXI 2814-22 great motors and Xoar are probably the best propeller, very well balanced at delivery and light.

Enjoy.

Michael64

Thanks for responding. What is the weight of your machine and also it is interesting you are running two 2S in series, is there a benefit in doing this I have never tried it that way.

Michael64

Hi,
Flying with a Hexa Droiworx HLE Heavy lift and AXI 2814-22. I have tried some propellers but, for me, the best choice is Xoar 13x6.5.
For batteries, that' two 2S with 8000 mAh monted serially, so that give me a little more 10 min fly.

I find that AXI 2814-22 great motors and Xoar are probably the best propeller, very well balanced at delivery and light.

Enjoy.

nisouck

My hexa weight is about 4 Kg.
The raison for two 2S in serie is to avoid plate lipo that are too expensive.
With 2 lipo side by side the height is only 20 mm. For a 4S that will be 40 mm.
And more, 1 lipo 2S 8000 mAh cost 58,99€ (117,98€ for 2) et 1 lipo 4S 8000 mAh cost 122€, ....... that's another good raison!:)))))))))

vispaaja

I'm running two Gens Ace 4s3300 25C lipos and Graupner 9x5 props in my custom hexa. About 7min flight time with Nikon D800 and fisheye lens.

Michael64

I would have thought the 9x5 would be a little short for that amount of weight. How does it handle the weight and the biggie is the wind.

Michael64

Motor-motor distance: 84cm (33")
weight w/o camera: 3.9kg
weight w camera: 5.1kg

So about the same size as Cinestar 6

vispaaja

I though so too, but it handles very nicely in the wind. Climbs quickly and feels responsive. DJI controllers seem to prefer small props.

Michael64

Well let it be said you see and learn something new everyday thats for sure.
Thanks for the reponses I appreciate it alot.

Michael64

I though so too, but it handles very nicely in the wind. Climbs quickly and feels responsive. DJI controllers seem to prefer small props.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
I'm very happy to have found this thread.
I'm about to buy 6 Axi2814-22.
I plan to put thes on a FY680 Tarrot Hex Frame.

Some details of my intensions:
680mm Carbon Fibre Hex Frame
Axi 2814-22
12" Graupner Props
40Amp SimonK ESCs
Two 4S 5000mAh
Naza+GPS
Brushless Gimbal
Sony NEX-5
FPV gear 1.3Ghz

I've calculated weight to be about 3.7Kg ~ 4Kg.
I've heard good and bad things about these motors and I'm not completely sure I'm making a smart choice. But I would like to stay with 4S and I'm hoping to get +10min.

If anyone has any advice, comments, experience or wants to punch holes in my logic then please do so.

Will.

Precision Visions

Multirotor Pilot...
I'm very happy to have found this thread.
I'm about to buy 6 Axi2814-22.
I plan to put thes on a FY680 Tarrot Hex Frame.

Some details of my intensions:
680mm Carbon Fibre Hex Frame
Axi 2814-22
12" Graupner Props
40Amp SimonK ESCs
Two 4S 5000mAh
Naza+GPS
Brushless Gimbal
Sony NEX-5
FPV gear 1.3Ghz

I've calculated weight to be about 3.7Kg ~ 4Kg.
I've heard good and bad things about these motors and I'm not completely sure I'm making a smart choice. But I would like to stay with 4S and I'm hoping to get +10min.

If anyone has any advice, comments, experience or wants to punch holes in my logic then please do so.

Will.
Have you purchased anything yet I may have what your looking for...
i have for sale a Droidworx frame in Y6 configuration extended landing gear for camera mount and running a naza flight control 12" APC props its my 2nd ship and I would be willing to sell it.
3 Mk motors on top and 3 foxtech disc motors on the bottom (shorter more video clearance)
6 simon k flashed Esc's
Naza w/GPS all tuned and flying perfectly...
i can sell it with radio or install a receiver of your choice or send it ready to install your receiver.
$1750 without radio...

Precision Visions

Multirotor Pilot...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 364

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
@Precision Visions
Wow,
Great rig man.
I however boought the Axi2814/22s, 30Amp Hobby Wing 423Hz 2~6S ESCs, the FY680 frame and 6 Graupners 12".

You providing such a good deal! But I spent a lot on this new rig. Have you considered selling the frame, just curious.
BTW, I'll tell a friend about it.
P.S. where are you located?

Last edited by a moderator:

Precision Visions

Multirotor Pilot...
I am in Arizona
i would sell the frame for $600 with 3 replacement booms (arms) and droidworx extended camera landing gear...
please do tell your friend I have many parts and severa used 60amp escs as well

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
I want to build this hex and see how it goes.
But I have thought about the Y6 for the redundancy. Is there a big difference from the way Y6 flies compared to a Hex?