Mikrokopter AV130 servos buzzing like crazy after installation!

ctbon

I just hooked up my brand spanking new AV130 to my new (used) AD6 HLE and the servos are making an awful buzzing sound. They are hooked directly into the correct ports. What's going on?

Last edited by a moderator:

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I just hooked up my brand spanking new AV130 to my new (used) AD6 HLE and the servos are making an awful buzzing sound. They are hooked directly into the correct ports. What's going on?

Nothing, that's normal for a digital servo with an external pot. The tilt servo on my AV130 is loud enough to sometimes be heard in the video recording while it's in the air. One thing you should do is get an external BEC with adjustable voltage and use it to run the gimbal servos at 6 volts, most flight controllers can't output that much voltage and the ones that do generally can't deliver enough amperage. The AV130 with Savox servos is capable of drawing a little over 6 amps total at max loading, well beyond what comes out of MK flight controller servo ports.

Ken

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
ken
i've got two servos with external pots and gear drive that are pretty quiet. usually the buzzing is worst when the belts are too tight. tight airplane pull/pull cables will make 'em buzz like that also. it's not the end of the world when they're buzzing but if you can loosen the belts a tiny bit the servo will appreciate it.
are they Hitec servos? what voltage are you operating the servos at?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
ken
i've got two servos with external pots and gear drive that are pretty quiet. usually the buzzing is worst when the belts are too tight. tight airplane pull/pull cables will make 'em buzz like that also. it's not the end of the world when they're buzzing but if you can loosen the belts a tiny bit the servo will appreciate it.
are they Hitec servos? what voltage are you operating the servos at?

They're Savox and the roll servo is a gear drive so there's nothing to loosen, roll is belt but not that tight. Just the nature of the beast, some digitals are noisier than others from what I've experienced and in the long run it doesn't seem to have any effect on performance or longevity so I'm not going to worry about it. I run all my gimbal servos off CC BECs at a minimum of 6 volts, higher if the servo is rated for it.

Ken

ctbon

Thanks for the responses, guys. Much appreciated. I was worried they were becoming damaged...glad that's not the case.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
ken
I'm also running Savox servos since finding Hitec's to be glitch prone. Is your roll servo also buzzing or just the pitch servo?
bart

sim_io

I had to put in a 5Amp 6V BEC to power the gimbal. It handles the GH2 way better rather than when it was fed by the DJI Naza. You can't do much about that noise, it sounds like you're in downtown new york.

ctbon

yes, it sounds like downtown new york being invaded by insects....

I keep hearing that I should add a BEC but I know nothing about them...where do I start? where can I buy one and how do I connect it?

holco

Here you can see the speed of my AV-130 with MKS 787 servo's, this is on 6V, normally I put them on 8V.

anaka

hi holco, how do you set the servo refresh rate in the MKTool?!?
do you think that leaving this setting to default and increasing only the volts can increase the quality of camera stabilization?

holco

anaka,

I don't use the MK mount control but a picloc pro.

The video shows a direct connection to the receiver without any mount control.

anaka

souds really interesting, have you some videos shooted with this configuration?
I'm searching from a long time for a solution that makes the camera stabilization really good
wich kind of transmitter do you use with it?
do you know if supports futaba?

anaka

i've seen the build post for your flexacopter, great job man!
but you don't talk about trasnmitters compatibility, you have the graupner, do you know if it works with futaba too? the website of picloc pro says just few words on compatibility
the video on the mirror is really interesting :D