Hoverfly ARtificial Horizon is Wrong

PaNt

Hello guys can you help me with this?? Artificial horizon is wrong.. when i go left the horizon roll to right...!!!

WHy is that... the machine is flying ok without problems but its very difficult to fly FPV with this..

IS there a way to reverse it?

Thank you

SoCal Blur

That's the way its supposed to work. Think about it as if you are flying in the cockpit of an airplaine. If you roll to the left, then the ground on the right side will go down, essentially tilting the ground or horizon to the right.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hello guys can you help me with this?? Artificial horizon is wrong.. when i go left the horizon roll to right...!!!

WHy is that... the machine is flying ok without problems but its very difficult to fly FPV with this..

IS there a way to reverse it?

Thank you

is the board mounted backwards or upside down?

are you talking about the horizon in the setup utility?

PaNt

is the board mounted backwards or upside down?

are you talking about the horizon in the setup utility?

Front IS UP AND in Front...!
Both setup and OSD...

On the first pic you will see what i think its right..
When you go left thehorizon go left...

But when i go left the horizon goes right as the second pic..

View attachment 16574View attachment 16575

Attachments

• osd1.jpg
    osd1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 681
  • layoutF16.jpg
    layoutF16.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 478

SoCal Blur

Front IS UP AND in Front...!
Both setup and OSD...

On the first pic you will see what i think its right..
When you go left thehorizon go left...

But when i go left the horizon goes right as the second pic..

View attachment 20575View attachment 20576

Speaking from experience as a real-life Helicopter pilot, a true Artifical Horizon will work like the one on the right. If you roll to left, the horizon will tilt to the right and vice versa. Now maybe the first display is showing the Aircraft angle of roll as opposed to the horizon. I'm not familiar with that software so I couldn't tell you for sure except how a true artificial horizon is supposed to work.

PaNt

Speaking from experience as a real-life Helicopter pilot, a true Artifical Horizon will work like the one on the right. If you roll to left, the horizon will tilt to the right and vice versa. Now maybe the first display is showing the Aircraft angle of roll as opposed to the horizon. I'm not familiar with that software so I couldn't tell you for sure except how a true artificial horizon is supposed to work.

why is that?? i cannot understand that thing..! it doesnt help at all..1

yeehaanow

It's because it's a horizon line, and so it... stays locked on the horizon. If you have a fixed camera on the craft it will feel totally natural.

TahoeTim

First of all the horizon isn't moving, the aircraft is moving.

The picture is a depiction of YOUR view out the cockpit of the aircraft.

mspencer1

You could turn your board backwards then reverse all your controls. You don't want to do this though. Remember that an artificial horizon matches the actual horizon. Whichever direction the ship rolls, the horizon goes the opposite way. You can't take the horizon with you. My job is as a Certified Flight Instructor. If we had attitude indicators (artificial horizon) rolling the same way the aircraft is rolling that would be very bad! So in your pictures you posted, the horizon tilting the same direction as the board is wrong. They should be opposite.
Hmmmmm thats logical…

Is there a way to change that??

thank you..!

Last edited by a moderator: