Are non-DJI props still recommended?

adanac

I see from many older posts that DJI props had a tendency to break mid-flight. Is this still the case? Do I need to worry about DJI props purchased a month ago with my DJI F550 kit?

Even if they are now improved, is there a compelling reason to switch to another prop?

chipwich

Yes, they work fine. Just don't overtighten them and don't use threadlock like I did on my first build. I was guilty of both offenses, and suffered a bad case of explodinitis propus. I imagine that I was not the only neophyte whom made this mistake. Not had a problem since. 2 years, a bunch of flights, and no hand grenading props.

I built a F550 in 2012 with no problems with the prop I used them for 10 plus flights then changed them for a better make with less flex in the blade.
That was just my own requirement to change them nothing to do with failed props.

adanac

Having used loctite to re-assemble my P2, and then having to replace the entire shell, I have also learned my lesson.

Yes, they work fine. Just don't overtighten them and don't use threadlock like I did on my first build. I was guilty of both offenses, and suffered a bad case of explodinitis propus. I imagine that I was not the only neophyte whom made this mistake. Not had a problem since. 2 years, a bunch of flights, and no hand grenading props.