Applications...What's Yours??

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hey folks, I was just wondering, what are you using your multi-rotor helicopters (aka "drones") for? Multirotorforums.com has sub-forums for different advanced applications but let's all chime in and see what surprises we come up with?

I started out doing aerial media, mostly photography, but then moved towards video before stopping any commercial activities in order to run this website and GiantScaleNews.com full time. So that means my applications are all over the place as I try to learn (FPV racing at the moment) in order to remain your deserving and humble host!

Thanks!

Still photography and video. I am always amazed by the nature programs that get the beautiful overhead hi-res shots with a helicopter or UAV. My desire to get that kind of video is how I got started in UAV's. Along the way I have learned as much about cameras and video production as I have about UAV's. I realize I will never be as good as the pros but am happy to be up there with my camera just the same. I also like the fact that this is an emerging technology and I am part of it. Things have really taken off in the few short years that I have been doing this with new and better ideas coming out constantly. The sky's the limit, actually the sky is not the limit, we haven't found the limit yet.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
The sky's the limit, actually the sky is not the limit, we haven't found the limit yet.
the amount of creative energy going into software development for these small UAV's means we probably won't see the limit for a very long time!

F

fengshuidrone

I got into it to get some awesome AP (which is still eluding me.)
I am mulling over a project that hopefully will allow look to fly. I am seeing how feasible it would be to control the FC yaw, pitch and roll with a 3 axis gyro allowing the craft to go where the FPV cam looks using headtracking sensors. Sort of like how the fighter pilots look at a target and destroys it, this would make the quad follow wherever the pilot looks.
Pilot still controls the throttle, headtracker controls pitch,yaw and roll. Still thinking through the whole thing. Not sure if it's doable or exactly how I would do it yet.