MultiWii / NAZE / SP Racing F3 APM 2.6 3dr GPS Radio Calibration No response to elevator input

APM 2.6 3dr GPS Radio Calibration No response to pitch input

During calibration the pitch does not respond to stick input. Both pitch and roll respond to roll input. I flew the quad and it responded the same. Any suggestions to fix this issue????

Last edited by a moderator:

soler

I would first check how you have channels mapped in your transmitter, possibly they could be both set up on the same channel.

I checked the radio programming and found no issue. I'm using a futaba 14SG which has a servo positioning screen which shows the correct response to stick input but the calibration screen in the mission planner does not respond accordingly.

soler

Does it also show in the functions that these are correctly mapped? I once mapped different controls to the same channel when I first got my Futaba resulting in a similar result to what you have mentioned. If it is not this then the next step with be ensuring your connections from the receiver to APM are correct, are you using individual wires for each channel or PPM?
It could also be a problem with the PPM encoder or the APM.

I think I found the issue. In the mission planner advanced parameters the pitch channel RCMAP_PITCH is set to channel 1 instead of channel 2. When I change the setting to map channel 2 and click write parameters then reboot the APM it just goes back to channel 1.

Okay It looks as if I got it working correctly. I went into the full parameters listand changed the RCMAP_PITCH value to 2 and clicked write parameters then refreshed and it held the value. I also rebooted and everything okay. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:

one last question, is PPM the S-BUS function where I use one 3 wire jumper instead of individual jumpers for each channel? I've used S-BUS before but this is my first APM build and I was told it does not support S-BUS.