Anyone Have USB Issues With Their GoPro Hero 4?

GlassKnees

I bought a new GoPro Hero4 to use on a Tarot hexcopter with a Tarot 2 axis gimbal. I also bought a usb cable especially for connecting to the GoPro without interfering with the gimbal motor. But I soon discovered that the USB port on the camera no longer works. I cannot recharge the battery nor will the computer detect the camera when I power it on to pull the video.

So, I bought a 2nd (used) camera from Ebay - it worked fine until it too, exhibited the same problem. The camera still works, but I've had to buy a separate dual bay battery charger and a memory card reader - I have to physically remove the memory chip from the camera and slip it into the reader to pull off video I've shot from my aircraft. It's a hassle, but I have a workable solution.

I've searched the internet but so far haven't found any discussions in any forums pertaining to this, so I don't know if this is a problem with GoPro, the USB cable I'm using or something else...

Not familiar with the problem but I'm interested in hearing what you find out. The hero 4 is an expensive camera and it really sucks that its messed up. From the sound of it the usb connection in the camera is broken and no longer is connected to the camera internally. That's why it wont charge or even sense when you plug it in to download.

GlassKnees

Not familiar with the problem but I'm interested in hearing what you find out. The hero 4 is an expensive camera and it really sucks that its messed up. From the sound of it the usb connection in the camera is broken and no longer is connected to the camera internally. That's why it wont charge or even sense when you plug it in to download.

That was pretty much my assessment. But for two cameras to have the break makes me suspicious that there's something wrong with the USB plug I'm using Perhaps there's a flaw in how the usb is installed in the camera and the plug I'm using it is causing the break? I don't know. But for now, I have a solution albeit cumbersome...