Anyone experienced a flashing red LED on a full battery?

mmurfitt

Went out flying yesterday with my F550 using a NAZA and two out of four batteries showed a rapidly flashing red LED when I connected them even though they had a full charge. The other two batteries were fine, so not sure what was going on, has anyone experienced anything similar?

I used all four batteries successfully last week so I know the batteries were working, nothing's changed in the mean time so it can't be as a result of anything I've adjusted..
I'm thinking that I'll do a full discharge on the batteries, then a balanced charge and see what happens..
The troubled batteries are a Turnigy 4S 5000Mah and a Zippy 4S 5000Mah, the good batteries are exactly the same (a Turnigy and Zippy)

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
The flashing red lights can also point to 'calibration or other error' if at start up. So, once you have checked you batteries, if they are fine then perhaps it is worth looking for other areas where a problem might exist. Start with re-calibrating the compass and go from there.

mmurfitt

Hmmm, yeah, I'll give that a try.
I'm a little puzzled though as two batteries worked fine, and two didn't, even though I tried a number of times swapping between them..hmmm...

I'll try the discharge and balanced charge (which incidentally I do every other time I charge the batteries) and see what happens, then I'll try recalibrating the compass.
Actually, how do you recalibrate the compass?

I'll post back my findings for anyone else who has the same issues...you never know :)
I must have done it at some point..

Tahoe Ed

To calibrate the compass, you switch the mode switch from manual/Atti to gps and back 10 times and wait for the solid led. Then rotate the craft horizontally 360 degrees + until the led changes color and then rotate it 360 degrees + with the nose pointed down until the led flashes and then goes out. This is the DJI dance.