Anyone down south in the UK with a Skyjib?

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Hi Guys,

I've been away for a while, busy with other things, but still very much into the multi rotor scene...

I have been tasked to build a heavy lifter for a friend, and we are contemplating using a Skyjib airframe. The problem is that he has never seen one before and would really like to have a look at one in the flesh before purchasing it.

Is there anyone in the south of the UK with a Skyjib that would be willing to entertain us for 1/2 hr just so we can see your build? Somewhere between Reading/Basingstoke/west of London? The only other option would be to visit Quadcopters, but that is a 4 hour drive away!

Thanks,

Gunter.

Hi Gunter,

Not sure if you're still looking for someone but I'm down in the New Forest 30 mins south from the end of the M27. I'm in the process of assembling a heavy lift SkyJib8 with 4120/20 AXI and considering converting to the x4 coaxial straight away ;-)

SkySkimmer

2 reasons mainly, performance in windier conditions and transportation size. I've yet to be totally convinced about the coaxial configuration as I haven't spoken with anyone directly who can comment from personal experience about the pro's and con's yet. That said, Droidworx have said that it's the way to go. Research papers from NASA and other sources don't appear to be conclusive and configuration parameters for coaxial setups are vast, but seeing as I'm at the assembly stage I'm seriously considering it now as it's quite simple to convert from the 8 to X4 coaxial and will save the hassle later on. I am thinking of doing this with the existing engine mounts and 540mm booms from the SkyJib8.

2 reasons mainly, performance in windier conditions and transportation size. I've yet to be totally convinced about the coaxial configuration as I haven't spoken with anyone directly who can comment from personal experience about the pro's and con's yet. That said, Droidworx have said that it's the way to go. Research papers from NASA and other sources don't appear to be conclusive and configuration parameters for coaxial setups are vast, but seeing as I'm at the assembly stage I'm seriously considering it now as it's quite simple to convert from the 8 to X4 coaxial and will save the hassle later on. I am thinking of doing this with the existing engine mounts and 540mm booms from the SkyJib8.

Interesting. We are based in Bournemouth www.outfilming.com , let me know if you fancy a coffee at some point.