Any recommendations for a cheapish multirotor

Hi, I have a hexakopter which I can fly and land etc with a lot of concentration.. I want to step up my flying skills and become second nature and instead of flying around my expensive set up I would like to find a cheaper copter that I can fly around trees and buildings and be a little more robust or at least cheaper to repair than my kitted out hexa. I am happy to buy second hand or new.. Approx £500 any suggestions of something that handles similar?

Many thanks
Jonnie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

FlyGirl

I got the DJI 450 Flame Wheel kit and a NAZA-M Lite with GPS for about $400 US.... Good quality that should fit your budget nicely.

bensid54

I have one too and just love it, this machine can go like stink and fly into tight spots. It is also very tough, mine hit a telephone pole at about 10mph at eight feet up then landed upside down on the GPS antennae. I picked it up, had a look at it and saw only three deep scratches on the GPS antennae and no other broken parts. So rather than take it inside my work shed for a better look I thought I would see if it would fly, it did without a problem and better yet no cost to me.

sixshooterstang

Bird's Eyes Aerial Media
if want to go really budget minded, get a flite test rotor bones quad kit and a kk2 board with ntm prop drive motors. very cheap. flies well for what it is and only crutch is auto level so you can suck it up and fly without gps (as gps sometimes fails)

Thanks all, looking at the DJI and the arducopters... Whats special about the three boom twin motor setup?

I try and go cheap but when buying a new toy it's so easy to get carried away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

sixshooterstang

Bird's Eyes Aerial Media
Arducopter is definately worth the money you save IMO. you mean a Y6? Same as a hexa just in a different shape and slightly different flight characteristics