(Another) RCEXPLORER Tricopter build

Debay777

Arms painted. Tail boom is silver instead of yellow. Hopefully it shows up. I also cut some lexan for a cover over the board and installed a piece of foam over the barometer. I have my laser pointer and mirror so when the motors come in I can start balancing them. It's getting close to go time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Debay777

Motors epoxied and bullets installed. Wires and electronics mounted. Tilt mechanism almost done. Pretty much all that is left is to balance the motors and props, install the motors and tail servo, and tidy up. Oh and put on heat shrink because I ran out. I ran a UBEC to power the servo. I then popped of a single row of pins, slid the black plastic up halfway and hot glued it to the frame. I took the hot/ground wires out of the UBEC servo plug and heat shrank the ends. These I attached to one side of the pin set. Then I soldered on the signal wire from the FCB. The servo simply plugs into the other half of the pin set. Getting sooooo close.

Debay777

5ec1bba6c84eb193d37219829a026601.jpg

Servo plug adapter

Debay777

Sigh. Assembled. Only to find I have a bad ESC. Also discovered that my orangerx receiver bit the dust. Not sure how that happened. I can't experiment further until I get the esc replaced. With readytoflyquads.com it's most likely another month of no tricopter.