Another newbee

CMonteiro

Hieverybody,

I am fromPortugal. 63 years old. Looked around in the forum and I am very excited withthe endless possibilities of the multicopters.

But firstthings first. My experience on flying models is… zero. However I got caught forthe virus. About less than one year ago I saw that Parrot ar drone flying in ademonstration, in a shop. Since then, I couldn´t stop reading about drones andfell in love with the multicopters.

Well, what is my situation now? A good amount of money spent. I bought my first radio 2days ago. A Spektrum dx8. And Lipos, and a Lipo charger. I ordered a XaircraftX650 and hope it will arrive next week.

But what I really want to do, is building these machines. However, I decided to begin witha purchased one for getting acquainted with the stuff. I don’t knowelectronics, but I am good at mechanical building. So I am designing my ownframe (in solidworks), where I will possibly fit the components of the x650, oreven new ones.

By the way,what a fantastic frame the one built by Killy. I have to talk to him. I alsointend to make carbon fiber molded frames, but my design approach is rather different.I hope to show you my drawings very soon.
I have some skills in photography too and hope to use them when flying my bird.

Well, I am counting on you to help me solve all the issues I am going to face in the nearfuture.

Thanks toall of you

C. Monteiro

Sebbie

C. Monteiro,
Welcome to the forums, its nice to have you as a new member. :)
We hope to see your design drawings soon, we are here to help and learn so dont be shy just ask.
Your local country side will provide us with many beautiful pictures, once you get settled and some practice im sure. :)

Sebbie