Another grizzly F450 crash...

kloner

Aerial DP
having a hard time with orientation? is it hard to see? if so, add some led, red seem like they show up light or dark, on blue sky, dark background, clouds......

tstrike

pendejo grande
Yes I had a hard time with orientation. The quad was about 100ft away from me. The landing gear just clipped the top of the fence and sent the quad cartwheeling.
I may have to consider some led's, but I don't think it will help with my lack of depth perception.:black_eyed:

kloner

Aerial DP
Couldn't imagine flying mine without them. so small, doesn't take long to not understand what your looking at. Mines got white in front, red on the back bottom and blue on the back top. I see them lights no matter day or night, sun glasses or in the middle of the might and is the only way i can fly it. had blue on bottom and couldn't see the white or blue as good during the day, but that red, really stands out.

tstrike

pendejo grande
Couldn't imagine flying mine without them. so small, doesn't take long to not understand what your looking at. Mines got white in front, red on the back bottom and blue on the back top. I see them lights no matter day or night, sun glasses or in the middle of the might and is the only way i can fly it. had blue on bottom and couldn't see the white or blue as good during the day, but that red, really stands out.
did you do individual or strips and did you wire straight from power or did you use one of those bec whatchamakallits?
thanks for the advice, I was feeling great working some turns (a big accomplishment for a guy whose never flown anything and is learning from a flight sim), the quad was even with my line of sight and I fat fingered the throttle. Lesson learned: don't get cocky

kloner

Aerial DP
mines like this, there 12 volt led tape from ebay, chinnese
023 (800x600)_795.jpg

except now i flipped over the back lights.

Makes cool pictures at night too
IMG_1082 (1058x1280)_795.jpg

you can see how much the bottom lights were the visible ones in that pic. as soon as i moved the red down i was like why did that take so long to happen

Those are all pictured wired straight to a 4s lipo flight pack, 16 volt