Another drone-crashes-into-crowd video

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
has this already been posted? maybe the thing to do is to stomp whatever's left of the heli as retribution?

[video]http://www.ara.cat/viacatalana/Via-Catalana-Sagrada-Familia-assistents_3_994130598.html[/video]

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
great! hard to tell if it came down under power or just fell. seemed to be level the whole way down. Ugg. we're doomed.

maxwelltub

Ya this one made its rounds, but I don't remember hearing if anyone diagnosed the failure, other then the pilot flying over a crowd. The props were spinning and it seemed level so I would guess it was a battery issue.

DennyR

More heavy lift crap. Some people never learn... That POS was probably drawing over 100Amps.

If it weighs more than 1.5 kilos it should be banned everywhere because there is no point in doing it. A high megapixel camera never made a good AP out of a bad one in the full size world it just made them go broke faster. DSLRs' and Cinematic cameras have no advantage in UAV/AP just a thousand disadvantages. This forum and many others would not exist if it were not for the million and one problems that people constantly have with these hybrid under developed crappy designs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
More heavy lift crap. Some people never learn... That POS was probably drawing over 100Amps.

If it weighs more than 1.5 kilos it should be banned everywhere because there is no point in doing it. A high megapixel camera never made a good AP out of a bad one in the full size world it just made them go broke faster. DSLRs' and Cinematic cameras have no advantage in UAV/AP just a thousand disadvantages. This forum and many others would not exist if it were not for the million and one problems that people constantly have with these hybrid under developed crappy designs.

wow, actually, forums wouldn't be necessary if we all just did what Denny says we should do, discussions would be unnecessary and we'd all be flying our GoPro's around with perfectly reliable four motor helicopters. imagine what a perfect world it would be. :shame:

i doubt you'd have chimed in at all if it were a quad doing a motor-out death flip into someone's head. let's at least pretend others have a right to fly what they fly and to have opinions/ideas that differ from yours, eh?

Cheshirecat

I think it is fair to say Denny aint no fan of Heavy Lift .... Seen this once or twice :nevreness:
Accidents like this make perfect sense of the flight rules imposed by the CAA on minimum distances and what you can and cannot fly over, i hope nobody was hurt.

cootertwo

So what? License required. pilot training, insurance, bonded, etc. etc. What's AMA say about these things. I'm sure that wasn't an AMA sanctioned flying field, on and on. I'm not sure how that part of the world operates, but here in the USA, the guy that owns that rig, that went down in the crowd, would be sued into oblivion!

good to read the comment by Cheshirecat "i hope nobody was hurt" that was my first concern and the second, sue the *** off the idiot responsible. What? I can not say a s s?
regards - bruce

DennyR

Bart I was hoping that you or someone would chime in with some sensible suggestions of how this hobby can be brought in line with the seemingly endless quest for it's self destruction. Build what ever turns you on, but why fly it in a public place. Of course DJI is not a silver bullet to the road to perfection but if you take a look at the response they are getting to their competitions I can't but help notice the numbers of people who are churning out good stuff without too much trouble along the way. It takes some R&D to mass produce an item such as the Phantom and sell it ready to fly to beginners in huge numbers and not see many problems. Small quads are inherently safer and the less complexity you put into one then the safer it becomes and the less damage it can do if failure did happen. Although I prefer to create my own stuff the fact is DJI are moving forward at an alarming rate with production quality and R&D.