Need Help! Altitude hold vs gps drone

dpjacobs81

Hi,

Obviously I’m a noob. Looking to get a drone for my Paranormal Investigation team. I’m down to either the Bugs 3 Pro or the Bayangtoys X21 because they’re budget friendly and can carry a GoPro. My question is... tho the Bugs 3 pro is a gps drone it doesn’t have altitude hold like the X21 does. Do I need altitude hold if I’m not using the drone as a stunt or race drone? Seems like the Bugs 3 Pro is a better name brand but it’s lacking altitude hold. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

Jason S

how much you looking to spend?

Can u use any camera?

you be better off buying a easy to fly drone if you a beginner like old phantom 2 or 3 second hand has everything you probably want and hovers/ gps. or a new type with sensors so you dont crash into **** lol

if you want a something a bit more fancy then your options are endless

RENOV8R

When they refer to "altitdude hold", it means that it's equipped with a barometer and it will maintain a certain height but will still drift on it's horizontal plane depending on outside influences such as wind. With the Bugs 3, they don't need to state that it has altitude hold as it has GPS and it will hold in it's spot both horizontally and vertically (usually within 1 metre)