Alexmos 32-bits interference? Help

Rasec

Friends, there has been strange things for some time.

Had a brushless gimbal 3-axis with 8-bit alexmos. It worked very well. But in some flying sites, as works, near towers, buildings, the gimbal was crazy after about 30 meters high. Needed landing, turn off the gimbal and turn on again. But the problem came back after take off again and fly to a certain height.

On the same day flight tested elsewhere (rural environment), and the problem did not occur. I did several tests and found that the gimbal was affected by the environment flying.

Got a Zenmuse GH4 and the problem does not occur anywhere. Torres, works, machinery, do not affect the operation of the same.

I set up a brushless gimbal for DSLR with alexmos 32-bit. Yesterday I flew in a location more "noisy" and the problem is the same. After a certain point the gimbal is crazy. The board is not a broken, as with all plates alexmos either 8 or 32 bits, and different flight platforms.

The question is: Where exactly these noisy areas affect on the gimbal board?

dazzab

I had a lot of issues with the wiring on my Alexmos board in that it did what you described whenever I had the frame IMU plugged in. The dealer finally sent a shielded cable but I found the gimbal was working so well with just the camera IMU that I never reinstalled it. But I had nothing but trouble with the second IMU connected. Give one a go and see if it helps. Sorry I can't be of more help. Let us know if you find the issue.

violetwolf

Just a hunch, but I wonder if the IMU cable is picking up the interference. It would make the most sense that it would act as an antenna. Do you have ferrite rings on the cable? Or on the motor wires? This is where I'd start... with the easy / cheap solutions then dig deeper.

Cheers Rick