Aeroxcraft Aeroxcraft VTR-GP Gimbal

AEA737

Just ordered my VTR-GP gimbal + Hoverfly Gimbal controller for my future GoPro 3 Black. Can´t wait to have them flying. The gimbal looks awesome Rob.
They are now in stock, hurry up to order.

Javier

AEA737

Finally had the time to test fly my new VTR-GP Gimbal. Very pleased with the results. Very good in the roll department, but I think I have to tweak a bit the pitch. I´m using a Hoverfly Gimbal controller powered by a dedicated Castle Bec @6V. I was hoping the gimbal could tilt 90º downwards, but I have only managed to tilt it 75-80º, which is good enough with a wide GoPro to look like it´s completely vertical.

My F550 was very heavy for this test as I had two GoPro´s to film. 3 Kg as tested, but without the GoPro 2 it will be like 2,75 AUW with a 6000 mAh 4S Lipo. Gimbal with Hoverfly controller is 360 grams + 74 for a GoPro 3 Black.

Javier

Last edited by a moderator:

AEA737

I have made another video after tweaking the settings of the Hoverfly Gimbal recommended by Aeroxcraft. Pitch is now much better. No trace of jello on the videos. Very happy with the gimbal. On a couple of flights I disconnected the roll stabilisation via software to see the banked turns. I like it better for FPV flight. Windy day. Sorry for the crappy video from my Canon G9. Dirty lens and a speck on the sensor.

Javier

Last edited by a moderator:

pedrobraulio

Hi Javier

Just ordered my hoverfly controller too been using the VTR from aeroxcraft on my heavylifter conversion f550 but now kinda of confuse on the installation process of the hoverfly board to it. So if you could help me on it I will appreciate it!
Regards
Pedro

Just ordered my VTR-GP gimbal + Hoverfly Gimbal controller for my future GoPro 3 Black. Can´t wait to have them flying. The gimbal looks awesome Rob.
They are now in stock, hurry up to order.

Javier

AEA737

Hello Pedro.

Here I have a couple of photos from my Hoverfly Gimbal installation. I had to cut the screws in order to fit and don´t rub the back plate of the gimbal.
The three pins on the upper side are for the 6V from the CC BEC. On the left side you plug the two servos from the gimbal and I have an input from a spare channel from my receiver to control the tilt of the gimbal. Don´t forget to cut the RED cable from this connection so the gimbal does not receive power from it.

Sorry, the photos came rotated CCW 90º.

Javier

Just ordered my hoverfly controller too been using the VTR from aeroxcraft on my heavylifter conversion f550 but now kinda of confuse on the installation process of the hoverfly board to it. So if you could help me on it I will appreciate it!
Regards
Pedro

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 297
  • photo 11.jpg
    photo 11.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 314