A2 or WK-M?

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Well, they are both professional FCs. WKM is the old version of the A2. The A2 has been having a lot of problems of late where as the WKM is pretty tried and tested. With that said, I have been testing an A2 rig for the shop I work in conjunction with and I have been ragging this thing around. When I say ragging it I mean I have tried everything that I think could cause it to go astray and it has flown faultlessly since upgrading to the 2.3 firmware version. Still not 100% there yet but my confidence is slowly returning with the A2. If you are not in a rush then it would be worth waiting for the A2 to settle down a bit as it definitely flies better than the WKM

Both WKM and A2 are promoted by DJI for commercial and industrial applications. Although there might be some industrial and/or commercial clients who have higher expectations as to what a commercially ready product can provide in terms of reliability.

Seems the WKM started to misfire after version 5.20 firmware upgrade... That might have been an issue of the infamous "creeping elegance" where the limits of the electronic hardware are encroached upon to the point of decreasing reliability.

It is hoped that the A2 electronics are newer with more space for additional firmware features without compromising system reliability..... i.e., yet to hit that optimum sweet spot for the hardware.

I never had any real issues or concerns whatsoever with the WKM @ 5.20 in well over 150 flights but as yet have not flown my new A2.