A2 Motor Test Failure

I am having an problem with my A2. I can not get the motor controller to turn on. This includes the motor test function. I can prove that the motors and ESCs are working by using a Futaba reviever and the motors throttle up just fine. Anyone got any ideas??

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Are the leads plugged in the correct way round? Signal and power etc from receiver to A2 and A2 to motors. Done the transmitter calibration?

Are the leads plugged in the correct way round? Signal and power etc from receiver to A2 and A2 to motors. Done the transmitter calibration?

Thanks for the quick reply Ben.

Everything is connected and secure. Double checked. Radio and reciever are have been linked and calibrated.. On the bottom, of the A2 assist window, there is a MC OUTPUT flag that reads OFF. Any ideas??

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
That just means when it's plugged into the assistant the motors won't spin up (except motor test of course). I believe it should be green when successfully connected to the assistant.

Is the assistant program responding? Things move when you move the sticks/transmitter controls?

The Assist program is responding normally to inputs. That is the issue, the motors will not spin up with the motor test buttons... Well off to work!! Thank you for the input Ben.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Apologies if I am teaching you to such eggs but in the past when people haven't been able to get the motors to start it is often because one of the channels is reversed and as a result the combo stick move doesn't work properly. Worth a check.

Apologies if I am teaching you to such eggs but in the past when people haven't been able to get the motors to start it is often because one of the channels is reversed and as a result the combo stick move doesn't work properly. Worth a check.

My problem is that the motors don't spin in the motor test mode so I can check motor direction...

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
I meant the channels in your TX being reversed rather than the motors. If they are all correct then I wonder if your throttle end point needs lowering- perhaps the ESCs are not arming due to not seeing zero throttle. What tones are you hearing when you plug in your batts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I meant the channels in your TX being reversed rather than the motors. If they are all correct then I wonder if your throttle end point needs lowering- perhaps the ESCs are not arming due to not seeing zero throttle. What tones are you hearing when you plug in your batts?

Carapau, thank you for the input.

I understood what you meant about RC stick calibration. Do you have to arm the ESCs using CSC to use the motor test? It was my understanding that you did not.

Also on the subject of ESCs not seeing "0" throttle anyone know of a calibration method using the A2 reciever??

Ok I tried a couple of different thing tonight and still no motor start up...

Recalibrated the ESCs using a futaba 7c I have. First I reduced the upper end point to 60%, next I raised the subtrim to 20%, effectivly reducing the overall range I believe and increasing the 0 throttle signal. If I could have found the way to access the lower limit through end point I would have gone that route but I can't get the radio to shift to the "other side" so that was my work around.

Also tried using my ipad and the Assist utility no luck there either....

My apologies Carapau, I did not answer your question about tones. Tones are the usual ESC 123 then a single long tone.

Correct but what way does the sliders move for each channel? Throttle should move right when throttle is increased.

And it gets stranger by the minute.... I mananged to get the motors running, with the A2, with the BTU unplugged from the USB using standard ESC commands ie under RC... Motor control buttons in the assist still do not work... Wierd...

Blade Strike the throttle stick was moving the slider to the right but the throttle was inverted in the A2. I inverted channel 3 ( throttle ) in the tx and reset the assist to normal. CSC now works but the ESCs need to be calibrated to the reciever.

Last edited by a moderator:

That might be the problem, the ESC need to be calibrated. The motor test uses such a low range that it might not even be allowing the motors to turn. I would calibrate and then try the motor test once again. Sorry but I have never hear of this issue before.