A2 gps pro plus magnetic declination?

Pumpkinguy

The manual says nothing about mounting the puck according to my magnetic declination which is 11 degrees here. Manual says to mount it straight. What say you? View attachment 25901

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 316

scotth

I mounted mine arrow forward like it says. Surely they wouldn't expect you to remount the puck every time you change locations. From east coast to west, that would be a 30° difference.

Pumpkinguy

That's exactly what I am thinking and part of the reason for calibration is for the puck to figure out where magnetic north is.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
I believe that in one of the Wookong updates they made declination automatic and since then that has followed through to the newer products.

Pumpkinguy

Thanks guys. I just wanted to make sure. After many awesome flights with amazing and tight gps hold I had a couple with major toilet bowl effect.
I was trying to think of what I changed of the rig that could have screwed up the gps. My conclusion is that I moved my rx antennas much closer to the gps as seen in this pic. When I moved them away the toilet bowl stopped. They antennas must be causing a disturbance. I'm gonna move the antennas permanently bit they are a little short. I think I will order the 400mm futaba ones and swap out the stock a2 antennas.View attachment 25904

Attachments

• 20150811_224557.jpg
    20150811_224557.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 298

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
be very careful when you open up the A2 to replace the antenna leads, they break off easily and will pull the underlying circuit board traces with them. steve tried it and ruined his A2

Pumpkinguy

I know all about sleepy's problem. I will play off his misfortune and proceed carefully. I will take my time and use heat if necessary.
I have replaced other dji antennas and none of them had adhesive inside the connector. I hope his was just an anomaly. Cheers.