A2 failsafe not working

gsp

Using a JR DSX9 ( DSMX ) with DSM2 satellites . I cant get failsafe working in DJI assistant. Also tried biding with go home on. DJI says there's no need to enable failsafe on the TX, but surely when turning it off it should show failsafe on the software. I have the A2 mounted on a new S900 but I'm not confident in taking it on a maiden until I have a solid answer. Anyone else having this issue?

Mojave

Using a JR DSX9 ( DSMX ) with DSM2 satellites . I cant get failsafe working in DJI assistant. Also tried biding with go home on. DJI says there's no need to enable failsafe on the TX, but surely when turning it off it should show failsafe on the software. I have the A2 mounted on a new S900 but I'm not confident in taking it on a maiden until I have a solid answer. Anyone else having this issue?

Did you search on YouTube and look for setting failsafe with your radio and a DJI flight controller. I did this for my Futaba and it worked as it was supposed to. It was not intuitive to me but I did it successfully with a NAZA and an A2.

gsp

Did you search on YouTube and look for setting failsafe with your radio and a DJI flight controller. I did this for my Futaba and it worked as it was supposed to. It was not intuitive to me but I did it successfully with a NAZA and an A2.

It's a different binding procedure with Spektrum satellites. I adjusted the endpoints ok for mode and everything else is mapped correctly, it just won't go into failsafe when turning off the TX.

AirShooter

FlyCam UAV
I had the same problem the other day when setting up my A2 all flight modes toggled correctly, however when I turned of the TX it did not jump to failsafe. I had to go into my "FS" settings in on my Futaba map the failsafe to ch7 or whatever you have for the A2's "U Channel" then I had to adjust end point and trim, it was a bit of trial and error, but after some adjusting, it works, turn of TX in assistant, it shows it going to failsafe and the LED on the A2 blinks blue. Not sure if your is the same or not.

Ronan

I had the same problem the other day when setting up my A2 all flight modes toggled correctly, however when I turned of the TX it did not jump to failsafe. I had to go into my "FS" settings in on my Futaba map the failsafe to ch7 or whatever you have for the A2's "U Channel" then I had to adjust end point and trim, it was a bit of trial and error, but after some adjusting, it works, turn of TX in assistant, it shows it going to failsafe and the LED on the A2 blinks blue. Not sure if your is the same or not.

I remember your post, that was the 'trimming' that was talked about, right?

AirShooter

FlyCam UAV
Yes the first issue I had was my 3 pos switch was overshooting GPS-ATTI-ATT, so I had to go into the tx and adjust that channels end points and trim. I played with it until it worked in all 3 modes.
then I tired switching off the tx to check failsafe, and I saw the marker on the "basic RC" page move slightly up as I turned off the TX, but did not enter failsafe. I then went into the RX again and adjusted the channel a bit more and boom, it worked. So I'm sure you're in the same boat.

gsp

I tried turning off the TX and got the blue LED (not linked ), so I'm confident the A2 has gone into failsafe. It just doesn't show on DJI assistant when using DSM2 sats. My S900 had it's maiden today. All good!