A2 , Automatic flight, To do or not to do?

Hi there,
I have to say that I've been flying the A2 for several months now very successfully (touching wood).
I always fly in Atti and hardly never use the gps PH for the records that A2 has with fly offs etc.
Anyhow, we have been asked to do a job that requires gps automatic flight mode, point of interest or waypoint cause the images have to be used for 3D mapping.

Have any of you been successful with these flight modes with A2 controller?
The rig is a Skyjib X4 Ti , Gremsy H6 and flying a 5DIII /A7S2

Best Regards

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I don't have a ton of time on my A2 quad but it has flown and the advanced modes work well, including IOC.

How long ago did you buy your A2? Do you know if it has the Rev 1 or Rev 2 GPS puck? If it has the Rev 1 puck then you can't do further firmware updates.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Used the A2s waypoint system a lot this summer for agri work. It works although the photogrammetry tool is limited (box shape only). Occasionally the A2 would get to a waypoint and just stay there and not move on. When this happens I have had to take over control (flick the mode switch from GPS to Atti back to GPS), land and restart the mission.

I ve had the A2 for a year but I got it second hand, so it s maybe 2-3 years old.
Also, what about the flight data info like MK had, can I extract a log with flight details?
Thanks!