A2 2.4 + Skyjib = Wobble

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
Hey guys

We've got a new Skyjib X8 with an A2, built by 1UAS (I was too busy or I'd have done it myself).

It flies pretty much fine except for a very disconcerting wobble when it's recovering. If I give it a roll or pitch input and release it instantly, it will rock back and forth several times before stabilizing in level flight. With lower gains, it will rock slower... higher gains, it just rocks faster.

When tuning the Wookong in our Cinestar X8, it was a bit slow in recovery, and bumping up the ATT gains made it lock in very well. I have almost no complaints about it.

Doing the same thing in the A2 just made the wobble happen faster, and at higher gains it was almost scary how fast it would rock, almost looking like it would go out of control.

When GENTLY releasing the roll or pitch input, I can level out with no problem unless it's windy.

In wind, the rocking is very obvious, again regardless of gain settings.

Any ideas what is going on? Do I have a bad IMU or old hardware or something?

ETA: The annoying thing is that I specifically asked for a WKM, but apparently someone didn't get the memo. Since I had read that most of the A2 problems were now corrected I thought I'd take a chance, but this seems very iffy.

ETA2: With the MoVi M10 and GH4 setup attached, the wobble is barely dampened and still very noticeable.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
What are your gains at the moment and what motors and what sized props are you using? Also is the aircraft setup as two stacked quads or as per the standard DJI x8 configuration ie where all top props spin CCW and all bottom CW?

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
What are your gains at the moment and what motors and what sized props are you using? Also is the aircraft setup as two stacked quads or as per the standard DJI x8 configuration ie where all top props spin CCW and all bottom CW?

On my latest test the gains were from 128% to 159%... I've gone beyond that with the same results, but I don't remember the exact numbers (they were pretty high and low though... at high settings it's a little scary how hard it rocks).

The motors are KDE 5215XF 435kv with 18" T-Props, and pretty much identical results with 16" APCs. It's set up as a standard DJI config.

Cinestar is the same setup, but with U7 420kv and APC 18s. Also used Xoar, APC and knockoff T-Props, with a WKM... never had an issue like this with that bird.

PS just changed the thread title for you!