A Dictionary/Glossary Would Help US Beginners

ficecone

As a relative newbie I find myself spending countless hours looking over these forum pages for answers to very very basic questions. It seems to me that what would really help us beginners is a forum section with some very very basic terminology, definitions and explanations. A dictionary or glossary of multirotor terms and abbreviations in very simple easy to understand language that a beginner can get his head around. All you experienced guys out there have been using this new “language” for a long time and it is second nature to you. For a newbie it sounds like Greek or Latin.
I’m not sure how this forum could organize this but an alphabetical list of terms would go a long way to encouraging beginners. Just for starters:

Terms:
IMU
GPS
LIPO
NAZA
WOOKONG
GIMBAL
CAN-Bus
IOC
Attitude Mode
GPS Mode
Accelerometer
YAW
PITCH
ROLL
FIRMWARE
ETC
ETC

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
gotcha....we'll try to get something started in the Beginners' Lounge and we'll stick it at the top by the Lipo battery thread

gotcha....we'll try to get something started in the Beginners' Lounge and we'll stick it at the top by the Lipo battery thread
Bart, is there a way to make a post editable after the fact? In other words, as we identify more and more terms, how do we add them? Will it simply be additional posts?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Not sure if linking to another forum is frowned upon, but I am/was having the same issue as ficecone, speding countless hours diving deeper and deeper into the the internet-link rabbit hole, until I found this glossary:

Hope this helps until there is a local one posted.

bensid54

Have the list I posted it but may have stepped on some toes by doing so. Removed he list.

Last edited by a moderator:

bensid54

Not sure about that but if there is no copyright on this and I'm not making any profit from it I don't think it is illegal to post this. Anyone know if I shouldn't have copied and pasted this list and if I went into a place I should not have let me know so I won't do something like this again in the meantime I will remove it until I know for sure.