900MHZ 1500mW Camera Troubles

aWanderer

Hey all,

So, I finally, after a little more than a month, received my order from HK:

900MHZ 1500mW Tx/Rx & 1/3-inch CCD Camera NTSC 520TVL
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=21326

Anxiously ran out and picked up two 3S 1300mAh batteries, charged them and plugged everything in... no video signal :(

Both the Tx and Rx are on the same channel. Tried it in my laptop via a USB TV tuner and also tried directly to my TV.

Has anyone had any experience with this setup before? I mean, it doesn't appear to be complicated, so I don't think I am doing anything wrong.

Only thing I notice is the back of the camera gets very hot/warm.

aWanderer

I am in Canada. I have tried all the channels. I get static initially, then a message that indicates no signal. It's blue on my laptop and black on my TV (I think). Later, after work, I'll post a video, showing me hooking it all up. Maybe that will help more. I really appreciate the help folks.

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
video out yellow on rx to video in yellow on monitor

sorry ,but sometimes its the simple things:02.47-tranquillity:

RCNut

Check the wiring colour coding. They have been known to vary from batch to batch. I have one of these and it works fine although I'm not using it at the moment. I think there are some threads on RCGroups that discuss it.

aWanderer

Thank you for all the input. When I get home, I will check all the wiring. I'll also search RCG and see if I can find anything there.

aWanderer

ok, I have checked and double-checked. I made a video as well. Maybe you can spot something?

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
the way it acts as you turn each thing on is like the rx tx is fine. The way that wire out of the cam into the tx is weird....... The heat seems like a wire is backwards. ignore the colors, read what the cameras output is not color, but pinout and see what wire color is on tx input..... something seems backwards or fried

i take it the tx is channel 3?

kloner

Aerial DP
i see the manual to the tx in the thread, is there one for the camera?

edit: That white wire out of your cam should be audio and mate up with the other white wire, but wheres the yellow one? you able to make one?

Last edited by a moderator:

aWanderer

I agree, but I don't know the pinout.. I need to find a wire diagram for it then. There is nothing on the circuit board.

aWanderer

i see the manual to the tx in the thread, is there one for the camera?

edit: That white wire out of your cam should be audio and mate up with the other white wire, but wheres the yellow one? you able to make one?

I don't think the camera has audio. I think that the white wire is being used as video and is connected to the yellow wire. There is no manual for the camera at HK

kloner

Aerial DP
that little magnet looking thing thing on the side of the cam is a microphone.....

did you ever look at rcg for the thread on this they were talking about?

Did the wire your using off the cam come with it as a plug and play? whats the blank wire on the table?

aWanderer

that little magnet looking thing thing on the side of the cam is a microphone.....

did you ever look at rcg for the thread on this they were talking about?

Did the wire your using off the cam come with it as a plug and play? whats the blank wire on the table?

Yes, I was browsing RCG, didn't find anything helpful. I realize now, it does have a mic. The blank wire came with it. Desc said "a spare to build your own or to use with a different camera/fpv". Yes, the wiring off the cam did come as plug 'n play.

ok, I found a 2.5mm jack, plugged in the GoPro and I was getting sound, but no video. Still experimenting, but no luck yet.

aWanderer

I also moved the white wire on the harness so it matches up with the white wire coming off the transmitter. Did not make any difference.

kloner

Aerial DP
got a friend that has this same setup, hes getting us a picture of the colors coming off the camera, his works,,,,,,, be back with em shortly