3drobotics or ?

As I near the time when I want to make a purchase I keep coming back to the multi rotors made by 3drobotics. I have been watching the Iris and was told the release was going to be this month, but so far have seen nothing. They also have a few other RTF systems and some kits. My question is what other manufactures are out there that have similar systems. My budget is going to be maxed at about $1300 and that has to cover a radio. I want something very stable, able to do FPV down the line, something that will not struggle to carry the FPV, Camera, and a possible gimble. The Iris by 3d I am told has some of the newest electronics and for the price I don't know if I should wait or go for something else?

dazzab

I like the Iris but have no idea if it would be right for you. It's been delayed because there was a last minute issue with the Pixhawk flight controller which I think now has been resolved. They have certainly put a lot of time and energy in to getting it right and I think they are working on new things for it all the time. I've reached my max allowed limit of copters so I won't be buying one. But if you get one I will be most interested in your opinion and how it works out for you.