3DR Radios

Chalagi

My 3DR Radios will not connect to the pixhawk. I am only showing one com port #3 in my device manager. The error says that comport 3 does not exist. My pixhawk is on my Tarot 680 Pro

Vavooon

It is a communication error beetween PC and 3DR radio (on ground side). Please try to reconnect the radio, reinstall driver or reboot PC.

Chalagi

I did a re-install of the radio drivers and it will not connect to the pixhawk. I loaaded the "Local settings" and tried to reload the firmware but it would always give me a "Failed timed out" message. But I can't get connect to the pixhawk by the radios themselves. I disconnect the usb cable and connect a battery but no radio connect. I have a comport 3 and a comport 7 and the radios will not connect to either comport. I was trying to get the radios working to re-calibrate mu compass again to try and help it work better.

JoeBob

Elevation via Flatulation
Had a similar problem.

Configure the ground radio normally.
Then take your USB cable and plug it into the air radio and configure it exactly the same - like a ground radio.

Be sure that your USB drivers are correct, you have selected the correct COM port, and your PC recognizes the radio.

Worked for me.

Chalagi

Loading "Local settings" were uploaded normal no errors. And the radios were connected to the pixhawk. I have already loaded the firmware when I first setup the pixhawk. But with the radios working on pixhawk I can unplug the usb to the pixhawk and I have no contact from either radio with power from a battery. It took several attempts to load the settings but they did load. And at times it would give me a windows message says "Mission planner stopped working" and the program kept closing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chalagi

It will connect while I have the usb connected to the pixhawk but as soon as I remove the usb I don't have a connection between the pixhawk and the radios. I always plug the pixhawk and the radios inot the pc first before I open MP. That way I know that windows sees the pixhawk and the radios. Both radios have a solid green light when connected.

Vavooon

Of course you will loose your connection after USB removal. Please try to connect by 3DR radio, not by USB and write an error.

Chalagi

When usb is disconnected from the pixhawk I can't use comport 3 because it tells me that it does not exist. After usb disconnect I have a comport 7 but it tells me "Failed to connect"

JoeBob

Elevation via Flatulation
My Windows 7 PC is particular about which USB port I plug the 3DR radio in to. The drivers seem to recognize different ports.
Try using a different port for the radio, and re-start MP. After re-start, see which ports MP shows in the drop-down.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
@Chalagi
i think your email service is bouncing emails from the site, can you please check about adding the site email address to your safe list?

thanks,
bart

Chalagi

Well I found out today why my 3DR Radios would not connect. 3DR Robotics sent me the wrong radio cable that connects to the pixhawk. After getting the correct cable it now connect via radio. Dang what a nightmare