3D video anyone?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I see GoPro now has its 3D kit available and since I have a pair of HD Heros I'm thinking I may give it a go soon. Granted I'd have to swap the lens back to stock on the modded Hero, or would it make more sense to mod the stock one with another Sunex lens to get 3D without the fisheye effect???

Either way I see a whole new field of possibilites for multirotor aerial video work for not a whole lot of $ spent (assuming one already has at least one HD Hero to start with). Before I take the leap though I would like to see what a 3D video done with their gear looks like, not so much the hardware end of it but rather the software component that will make or break it I think, although 3D in that funky fisheye view would be interesting.

Its certainly a cutting edge idea for the consumer market and I think 3D aerial video would be really unique, yet another thing to soak up any $ remaining in the toy fund!

Hmmm, I wonder if that double case will fit on any of the mounts I currently have attached to the various multis in the fleet...

Ken

CopterCam

I see GoPro now has its 3D kit available and since I have a pair of HD Heros I'm thinking I may give it a go soon. Granted I'd have to swap the lens back to stock on the modded Hero, or would it make more sense to mod the stock one with another Sunex lens to get 3D without the fisheye effect???

Either way I see a whole new field of possibilites for multirotor aerial video work for not a whole lot of $ spent (assuming one already has at least one HD Hero to start with). Before I take the leap though I would like to see what a 3D video done with their gear looks like, not so much the hardware end of it but rather the software component that will make or break it I think, although 3D in that funky fisheye view would be interesting.

Its certainly a cutting edge idea for the consumer market and I think 3D aerial video would be really unique, yet another thing to soak up any $ remaining in the toy fund!

Hmmm, I wonder if that double case will fit on any of the mounts I currently have attached to the various multis in the fleet...

Ken

Very interesting indeed................also, I see that Panasonic have introduced a 3D lense. However, might the 3D effect be somewhat negated from an Aerial perspective ?

Kilby

David over at RCExplorer.se actually beat GoPro at their own game. He used two GoPros and synced them together to get a 3D movie before they even released this new 3D package.

Last edited by a moderator: