2 axis simpleBGC horizon wanders with yaw rotation

Kuehn53

I have been getting very smooth very nice video from my homebuilt quadcopter (http://flitetest.com/articles/large-scratch-built-quad-copter-aerial-photography) 2 axis SimpleBGC gimbal and Xiaomi Yi camera EXCEPT that the horizon tilts whenever I yaw in either direction. I have installed the SimpleBGC GUI v2.2b2 and it works fine, allowing me to make changes to the gimbal controller settings. I have not been able to figure out how to stop the horizon from tilting with yaw. I have channels set up to alter Pitch and Roll settings with my radio....nice to change the look down angle. I can correct the out-of-level horizon this way, but I shouldn't have to correct and I would prefer not to have to correct. It interferes with the overall smooth video stream. I have search online, and found that many others have had the same problem. Can anyone tell me how to make the horizon remain level when I yaw?

Kuehn53

Thanks for the suggestion Rick. I believe I SOLVED the problem today. The 12 page PDF manual for the SimpleBGC GUI covers many things but IT FAILS TO ADDRESS the item that proved to be the solution to my problem. The manual, and many You Tube videos, go to great pains to explain the need and the process of calibrating the ACC. The manual fails COMPLETELY to address the need to calibrate the GYROS. I had calibrated the ACC several times, including basic as well as the six position calibration. I finally started to wonder about the calibration of the GYROS. I blocked the IMU level in two axis....pushed the button for calibrateACC, waited until it finished and then pushed the button for calibrateGYRO and waited for it to finish. Then I took the copter outside and flew it (in VERY high wind) and found the the horizon now stays level while yawing either left or right. They guys that designed the gimbal and the software (SimpleBGC) are engineering geniuses, but like most engineers, they are HORRIBLE communicators. The manual is like most these days....full of self defining terms and fails to actually define or explain much of anything. Who besides me thinks that the manual SHOULD direct users to calibrate the GYROS?????
Here's a link to some copter video that I recently shot, edited, and posted to You Tube:

Brian Kuehn