2.4GHz is useless...

dtw

KC1UAV
Got to the field, started to fly - had a lot of noise in my video. I hate it when my 2.4GHz isn't working and I can only fly 300 feet away.

So I look around and sure enough, there's a young kid not too far away flying his Phantom. I'm thinking, "ok... finish up kid, 'cause I want to fly...", cursing a little under my breath - only because I have a limited amount of time at the park.

The kid leaves - his father and him sit in the car for a bit - I still have interference. So now I'm wondering - what the heck? Did the kid forget to turn off his transmitter? What's the deal?

Father and son leave the park - no one is around - still have interference...

Forgot to turn my Futaba's RF off. Just wasted 30 minutes at the park, could have been flying - probably would have been fine if I wasn't screaming from my transmitter into my video goggles. What a waste!

I will forget where I am one day, or where I parked the car - no one will hear from me then, I'm sure of it...

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
2.4Ghz is the interference band. Did you try different frequencies? In urban environments 5.8 or 1.3 is the go.

dtw

KC1UAV
Yes - tried different frequencies, but again, the problem turned out to be my own Futaba RF. I've not had too much trouble flying 2.4GHz, otherwise. The best, as you say, is definitely 1.3 as I typically fly 1280 and/or 1258MHz.

You were using a 2.4ghz radio transmitter along side with a 2.4ghz video transmitter?

Also you may be having an issue with your power source? Are you using a separate battery?

dtw

KC1UAV
Well, I was using 2.4ghz for video and a DragonLink for LRS, but my Futaba didn't have it's 2.4ghz turned off, so... I didn't catch that immediately.

Plug in DragonLink to a Futaba and you still have to disable the RF from the Futaba transmitter, otherwise you still have interference... This was just me being stupid is all...