1.2GHz FPV, Good Or Bad For long range FPV?

I have been told that 1.2 is the best to run, due to its penetrating power and over all good range. Has anyone had any luck with 1.2? If not can you run 2.4 FPV set up with a 2.4 radio? ( I have been told that is not a good idea, but it has only been by 1 person. Just wanting to do this right the first time.

DJI F450 Naza M V2
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20141007_010013.jpg
    20141007_010013.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 181

KellyR

When flying with 2.4 control you definitely do NOT want to use 2.4 for video. Some people will tell you that 1.2 is a harmonic of 2.4 & therefore you shouldn't use it either, but lots of people do. Keep your control rx away from your video tx as best you can. You can add a low pass filter to the tx if needed. I fly 2.4 & just bought a 1.2 setup. However, I am in the process of of changing over to uhf for control. But that's a whole other story. I'm also getting rid of my tx & changing to a joystick. Anyways, for range, the lower the frequency the better. 900 is "better" for range & penetration, but it depends on where you are flying. Cell phones are close to it on 800 & can interfere. 5.8 would give you a great picture, but the range & penetration ability is definitely less.