DVP #083 | Listener Q&A | Behind The Scenes: Haunting Drone View of an Abandoned Ship Graveyard | Pr

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
SmartPodcastPlayerLogo.jpg

THE DRONEVIBES PODCAST

DVP #083 | Listener Q&A | Behind The Scenes: Haunting Drone View of an Abandoned Ship Graveyard | Product Preview - Spektrum DXe Transmitter DVP #083 | Listener Q&A | Behind The Scenes: Haunting Drone View of an Abandoned Ship Graveyard | Product Preview - Spektrum DXe Transmitter

This episode we answer some listener questions regarding:

• Non-U.S. resident drone registration
  • DJI Phantom 4 camera quality and compression artifacts
Petr also talks about the new article that he just published on the DroneVibes website (Link) with his behind the scenes tips on how he shot the video for the Abandoned Ship Graveyard in NYC. He talks about camera settings, types of shots, planning, and much more.

Finally we discuss the new Spektrum DXe entry-level transmitter. It features smartphone app technology to be able to adjust and save various model settings.

LINKS FROM THIS EPISODE

jamesb72

Just listening to this at lunchtime, enjoyed Petr talk through of the Arthurs Kill graveyard, and just watched the resulting video which looks great.

Re POI Raise&Tilt shots - for Phantom3 users, I've had a quick play with the vertical studio app, this allows Phantom3 to do similar visual object tracking as phantom4 (both moving subjects and still ie the ship funnel) so camera will stay pointing at that as you fly around, which makes it much easier to get these kind of shots, I had a quick play with this last night and results were really good, it also has a nice wall feature where you can draw a line/boundary ie a row of tree's or a road you don't want to overfly, and then prevents the quad crossing that line, it also has an orbit feature so you can POI round a tracked object either moving or stationary, its well worth a look the trial is free but doesn't allow recording.

I saw a good demo here (which put me onto this)

Last edited: