My brushless gimbal result

AerialVid

Right now I am using.

5 - .10 - 10 Power 200

Thanks... I am getting a weird jump in my roll axis and a small hint of a grind sounds in the yaw when 3 AXIS is turned on... I am going to work on it more tonight and tomorrow. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated but if not I will let you know if and when I work it out.

Hey guys,

What PID settings are you guys using with the new firmware and 18-55mm lens?? I'm struggling a bit here.

I appreciate the help!

Thanks!

Boltzman

Hi Kilby!

Did you try it out?

BR

Boltzman

So I think I finally solved the only issue I've ever had with this gimbal, so I wanted to share.

I fly with the 16mm pancake lens, and I was never able to get the hdmi cable to fit since they all seem to be so wide that they hit the side of the motor. CNC Helicopter just put out a new HDMI converter that has the cable built in with a very small right angle. I don't know 100% yet that it will work, but I don't see any physical reason why it shouldn't. I have one on order and will let you know when it's tested.

View attachment 16803

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet/the-2732/multi-axis-HDMI-to/Detail

Mudge

I just received the third axis. There are no instructions and I have a question. How does the thin, multi-colored wire attach? I see two ports on the expansion board and none on the "Black" Viacopter main board. Also, what is the max weight I can hang from this motor? The specs show 1500g, is this true in your experience? Thanks :)

Cameraj

I just received the third axis. There are no instructions and I have a question. How does the thin, multi-colored wire attach? I see two ports on the expansion board and none on the "Black" Viacopter main board. Also, what is the max weight I can hang from this motor? The specs show 1500g, is this true in your experience? Thanks :)

Mom in the same boat, if you find any info I would love to here it

Macsgrafs

You go from the main board, to the new board with the 2 connectors & then from that new board to the IMU.

Ross

LouisD

hello everyone, ive had my vx5n for months now and im loving it. my 3rd axis upgrade is in the post and I cant wait.. . although ive just tried updating the firmware for the first time and it will not work. ive tried on 2 pc's. all firewalls off. firmware is currently 2.0b1 trying to update to 2.2b2 though the gui.

when i try to flash it reads "failed to upload : error writing firmware : invalid avrdude exit code -1073741515"

has anyone else encountered this or have any idea? id appreciate any help cheers

GotHeliRC

http://gothelirc.com
Anyone with this issue, try to use Xloader to load the firmware, even though it said upload failed, but go into GUI and check it again.

Cameraj

What gains are people running? P I D, I have tried it all. So close still a have a little shake, don't know how to get rid of it. I have tried a new viberation plate, and new balanced props,
Please help:)

Macsgrafs

Anyone with this issue, try to use Xloader to load the firmware, even though it said upload failed, but go into GUI and check it again.

I second this, it took me ages to work out that you can NOT upgrade via the GUI, you have to use xloader..it does say failed, but when in GUI after the update you will see the new version has been correctly installed.

Ross

Mudge

I am having trouble getting the yaw axis to hold. When I am flying, and start yawing the multirotor, the gimbal gets confused and starts rotating without control input. I can duplicate this on the bench and I am having trouble dialing in the PID settings. Do I have to calibrate the third axis? If so, would that be the Calib. ACC or Calib. Gyro?

GotHeliRC

http://gothelirc.com
I am having trouble getting the yaw axis to hold. When I am flying, and start yawing the multirotor, the gimbal gets confused and starts rotating without control input. I can duplicate this on the bench and I am having trouble dialing in the PID settings. Do I have to calibrate the third axis? If so, would that be the Calib. ACC or Calib. Gyro?

Reverse any two wire of the Pan motor. PID for Pan should be around.

6 - .10 - 10 Power 200-220