Wookong Woes

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Sounds like a plan, I have already identified good switchers that have very low levels of RF noise. But just to check, are you saying use a separate lipo for video stuff, or just use a regulator, large cap, and tie the gnds either side together?

Cheers

Two lipo setup is more of a hassle than it brings any benefit ! Low noise UBec and a LC filter or get yourself http://team-blacksheep.com/products/product:14 TBS no hassle with the wiring Cam in and VTX in designed to give you clean power ! If you are not planning to use the DJI OSD you can additional add a current sensor to the TBS core activate the OSD feture on the TBS core and have your voltage draw overlayed.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
60Ma is nothing i have 4 jeti sensors hooked up to my jeti RX that pulls from the the MC eventually from the PMU. But to find the source anyways unhook anything that is not necessary !

Aviator

Sounds like a plan, I have already identified good switchers that have very low levels of RF noise. But just to check, are you saying use a separate lipo for video stuff, or just use a regulator, large cap, and tie the gnds either side together?

Cheers
No only use one lipo for everything, but spur off from the main power source i.e with ubec or similar to power vtx or completly separate the two systems entirely with a separate lipo. But if you do it this way be careful to to get any ground loops...

modles

Nerdlinger
Well, the yaw problem went away as quickly as it came. Seems nothing to do with prop size on 3s, as running 8inch on 3s or 4s now results in no yaw problems

thanks for the heads up with the IOC, this is now working correctly I think. Poi
mode is a bit of a mystery at the moment but I'm sure that just learning required.

I unplugged the camera from mcu and it made no difference as I and Boris suspected. RTH is still as erratic as ever. I spent a good while tuning the gains to be perfect for my rig so its definitely not a gains issue.

compass seems good now as heading hold is fine and GPS hold is perfect.

So, why the hell is RTH so erratic, it's bucks in both pitch and roll by up to 20 degrees while its doing its thing!?

Cheers
Ben

Aviator

None of this seems to make much sense? there was a yaw problem now not? it flies perfectly in every mode in and out of wind but not rtl? and it tracks straight when in GPS mode? and holds position well?

modles

Nerdlinger
Yep exactly that, weird as hell huh!?

She literally flies beautifully in all modes and GPS hold is perfect, but as soon as i enter failsafe or RTH she goes nuts!

Have tried another firmware re flash, but exactly the same

I'm at a complete loss

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Yep exactly that, weird as hell huh!?

She literally flies beautifully in all modes and GPS hold is perfect, but as soon as i enter failsafe or RTH she goes nuts!

Have tried another firmware re flash, but exactly the same

I'm at a complete loss

seen this before with a CX4 cant find the video anymore same behavior as your. Write DJI support a mail and ask them what they think. At this point it is obvious that everything should be fine, and that the behavior is inflicted by the FC !

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
check one more thing ! Take of the props hook up the FC to your assistant and cause a failsafe. Check your assistant and see what the sliders for the TX are doing !

You may have done this already and I don't have time to read the complete thread but......
the symptoms you describe occured to me as well but were entirely resolved by turning the GPS/compass from dead ahead to account for the angle of declination between magnetic and true north.
but also gusty and/or stronger winds seemed to aggravate the condition during the RTH.

modles

Nerdlinger
What I will do is put together a video showing the behaviour, both good and bad.

Then send this to Geoff at quadcopters.co.uk, I have pointed him towards this thread as suggested but haven't heard anything back.

hover.ch

Do I understand this right, RTH triggered via "Go Home" switch (WKM X3 "channel") doesn't work either, not just failsafe?

modles

Nerdlinger
Yes but what's strange is it does kind of work in the fact that it goes up, flys to home position.

BUT, whereas the naza does this nice and smoothly, the WKM does it like its just had 3 bottles of monkey shoulder, it bucks about in both pitch and roll as it does it.

Last edited by a moderator:

hover.ch

I have initiated "Go home" a few times and never observed such an issue.

Unfortunately I had to give up X3 for "Go home" in favour of manual gimbal control. That's why I reprogrammed my tx to send WKM into failsafe mode upon flipping a switch.
I hope it will have the same effect, RTH (and land, if not interrupted manually).

modles

Nerdlinger
Seems like a different issue. No chance of any flying for me in the next week, so I'll have to pick this up later.

will make video and send to DJI, if they can't help I shall be sending this back and buying a hoverfly.

modles

Nerdlinger
modles seems to have the same issue or ?

Sorry Boris, I didn't see the video! Yes this is the same problem, although I would say mine is more exaggerated!

Where did you find that?

Last edited by a moderator:

DennyR

Have you set the declination and the battery level and calibrated the gyro correctly. Did you move the model in the first 5 seconds.

modles

Nerdlinger
Battery level set. Not sure what 'declination setting is'? How do calibrate the gyro, I thought you didn't have too. And no I didn't move the model.

But any gyro or IMU error should show in all flight conditions no?