AR Drone Drone 2 no longer hovers after takeoff

johna58

I received a drone 2 in November. I enjoyed flying the [heck] out of it until (when in the first week of December) It finally hit the tree limbs a little too many times causing one of the legs on the center cross to break. Well I had to wait for Christmas (wife don't let me open early) before I could open up my box of a new center cross. Well, I replaced the cross, changed out the bushing for bearings, put new gears and propellers. I put everything together, hooked up the battary and everything worked. Upon flying it for the first time, I notice that if did not keep my left thumb on the control the the craft took off to the left but when I kept my finger on my iPad, I am able maintain a hover and control this flight, hight and direction. It is only when I my left thumb off it [again] banks to and flies to the left. The center bar is evenl distributed within the fram becuase i am able to put the internal haul on and all four props fits properly. I even made sure I was on a level surface and press the "flat trim" on a couple of occasions thinking that would reset and level it out but with no such luck. I hate to think that i might have a faulty control board or sensor. Has anyone experience this too where your drone seems to have a mind of its own? In closing, all screens in the setting menu checks out fine and no errors appears anywhere.

cootertwo

I too screwed mine up, after "updating" the software. I tried it in my living room, and it took off, and smashed into the wall! Tried all kinds of stuff, figured it was broke for sure, then found out about the "reset" button. It's a little hole under the battery. Use a toothpick, and gently feel around, you'll know your there, when you get a click, click feeling. It's just a little button switch, but buried down inside, that's why it takes a toothpick to reach it. I reset mine, with the battery connected, hanging off to the side. And it fly's again!