Newb in need of some serious help!!!!

Hey All, my name is Rodney this is my first build/ first multicopter.
IMAG0351-1.jpg

IMAG0353-1.jpg

IMAG0352.jpg

IMAG0354.jpg

I have everything setup to the best of my ability! I calibrated the compass and everything. But when i go to lift off the copter wants to tip on the its left side! Any Help Is Appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!

meme

You have to explain better:
Does the Copter takes off? Or it moves to left when opening throttle? Does he jaw or move?

-meme

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
When setting up the GPS, in the software make sure you entered a negative number for the vertical plane of the GPS unit. It would seem like you should enter a positive number since the GPS unit sits above the body, but the number actually reflects how far the body is below the GPS antenna. So if you used the stock carbon stick, you would want to enter a value of -9.

I had a hell of a time with this on my Naza until a friend told me this. If you pay close attention to the little green and red lines and what they mean on the screen it should help.

If that is not the problem.. then ???!
:D

You have to explain better:
Does the Copter takes off? Or it moves to left when opening throttle? Does he jaw or move?

-meme

it moves left when i throttle up. i was told they do that until the get off the ground not the case! crashed it into the house! came in checked my motor seg and direction as well as did another tx cali. i got it off the ground with some input but it still drifts to the left and then i toilet bowled.

When setting up the GPS, in the software make sure you entered a negative number for the vertical plane of the GPS unit. It would seem like you should enter a positive number since the GPS unit sits above the body, but the number actually reflects how far the body is below the GPS antenna. So if you used the stock carbon stick, you would want to enter a value of -9.

I had a hell of a time with this on my Naza until a friend told me this. If you pay close attention to the little green and red lines and what they mean on the screen it should help.

If that is not the problem.. then ???!
:D
yea i have -9 already seen a vid on that on youtube:nevreness:

meme

Sent you a Pm with my skype account.
Can you post a screenshot of the tx monitor in the assistant also?

Hartz

Herpaderpinator
Tripple check that your motors are connected to the right ports on the Naza controller.

meme

Tripple check that your motors are connected to the right ports on the Naza controller.
+1 on that, your assistant seems ok for what i can see. Once your MR flies, CHANGE THE PROPS! :)
When you lifted off the first time , that was in Atti and had the same problems?
Switch the IOC Function off for now during your tests.

Bella7821

for the first test i always hold the multi in my hand and do the CSC then just barely give it throttle and see if it wants to hover or tilt. If it wants to tilt then you probably have a motor or prop going backwards.
Try in ATTI mode (yellow flashing) and if it wants to hover straight and not tilt then you probably have a GPS issue you need to figure out.

Thx meme!!! Got me straightened out in under 5 minutes. The winds is 18mph with gusts upto 25 and its dark but i had it up in my front lawn. Gps mode is nice! I still had to add a little cyclic to get it up of the grass. But this thing is SUPER stable when its up. I'll see how it does in the am. Please no toilet bowl! LOL

for the first test i always hold the multi in my hand and do the CSC then just barely give it throttle and see if it wants to hover or tilt. If it wants to tilt then you probably have a motor or prop going backwards.
Try in ATTI mode (yellow flashing) and if it wants to hover straight and not tilt then you probably have a GPS issue you need to figure out.

ill try the atti mode tomorrow. i dont think i have a gps problem it pretty much stayed in the say spot +-5ft.

Motor and Prop Directions

Sorry about the sucky camera job! VideoGirl is absent at the moment! LOL I know that was dangerous I won't do it again!:nevreness:

Bella7821

still have toilet bowlling

hover down the middle of the street for about 50ft. If quad should drift some either to the left or right. Turn the GPS a tad the opposite way of the drift until you can hover down the street in a straight line and that should take care of the toilet bowling.
Do this in GPS mode.